GAIsweetGAI
Topic Author

More FS9 AI Trouble: A/C That Don't Land

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 pm

While playing with AI recently, I've run into a slight problem: some A/C don't land where they should - they just appear (pop up) in a parking spot, about 25 minutes before their scheduled arrival time. However, said A/C take off without a problem.
Anyone familiar with this? and how can I correct it?

Problematic A/C are amongst others an AIA Ryanair 738 and a CDAI Cimber Air CRJ200 at LFMU (BZR).

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Smile
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

northstardc4m

RE: More FS9 AI Trouble: A/C That Don't Land

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Either the flightplans don't allow enough time to reach the destination with forced arrival times or the AFCAD doesn't match the airport position in the AI traffic file or the AFCAD height is set wrong and planes are all going around until they timeout and appear...

in 1, short of rebulding the AI schedule... nothing to do except replace, but should not be common now.

For the 2nd, verify the position in the airports file vs the afcad one, doesn't need to match to the second but should be close

3rd, adjust the runway height in the AFCAd to match the terrain, or lower the reference altitude to match the runways
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

GAIsweetGAI
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 1):

Thanks for the suggestions -

I've tried correcting the airports.txt file(s), but the problem remains - and it can't be the AFCAD's fault because other A/C take off and land without a problem. So I guess I'm stuck with playing around with the flightplans.txt file(s)... Fortunately enough, it isn't common at all.
Unless it's a problem with the A/C?
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

northstardc4m

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Quoting GAIsweetGAI (Reply 2):
Unless it's a problem with the A/C?

Ok if it is a problem with only 1 aircraft type it might be a problem with the aircraft dynamics. Check and see if there are updated aircraft.cfg and .air files for that model.

Are the planes TRYING to land, do they seem to actually fly when the takeoff? Or do they just vanish from the runway, or worse fly the ground the whole way till they are out of sight?
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

GAIsweetGAI
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 pm

It seems the problem is solved! By playing around with the flightplans.txt file, I found out the A/C were actually give TOO MUCH time!!!

Thanks again for the suggestions NorthStarDC4M!  Smile