rkeough

Searching For Airline / Aviation Tattoos

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:18 am

Hello everyone,

I am a new First Class member, but a long time reader of the forums here. After being involved in the aviation industry for nearly 20 years and an intense interest in flying even longer, I embarked on a significant tattoo project using aviation and flight imagery back in 2002. I am still working on the project, but only recently started another web-based project related to it.

In June I started a blog called "Tattoos In Flight" featuring collected images of tattoos from around the web (and world) with aviation and flying as a theme. The site can be found at http://www.tattoosinflight.com

It has been easy to find tattoos relating to military aviation -- P-51's, B-17's and the like -- but civil aircraft such as airliners or general aviation themes have been hard to come by.

And that's where I am hoping the members of Airliners.net might be able to assist in. I am searching for airline, airliner, or civil aircraft tattoos. They can be actual aircraft or logos or brand marks -- in fact I am looking for airline employees that have something representing their employer tattooed on them (surely someone from SWA has this!).

If anyone has examples of the above, please post them or submit them at the site. If you have the artist name, studio name, location, and website (if available) it would be great.

In case you are wondering, yes, I work in professional aviation and keep everything fully cover at all times. Even a casual uniform of a golf shirt and shorts keeps everything covered. I fully believe that professional demeanor and appearance is key in working professionally in aviation and I am not encouraging people "pushing the envelope" -- I am merely interested in people who choose to permanantly illustrate their passion for flight in a respectable and tasteful manner.

Otherwise, please feel free to discuss here...

Thanks,
Ryan K.
http://www.tattoosinflight.com
"Aviation is proof, that given the will, we have the ability to achieve the impossible" - Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker

NWADC9

RE: Searching For Airline / Aviation Tattoos

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Independence Air had temporary tattoos of their logo, if that counts  Wink
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

United_fan

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:31 pm

I have a UA 727 on my right shoulder.Hurt like hell!
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

jfktowerfan
Crew

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:52 pm

C'mon Man

United_fan

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 pm

Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

airbalticfan

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:14 am

Well this is just a project...as I am native of Latvia living in US I wanna do this tattoo....on my left shoulder on one side Statue of Liberty on other side Statue of Freedom in Latvia,but between B737 British Airways taking off from Riga ,Latvia......how abot that guys?Any comments?By the way United Fan...AWESOME TATTOO!!!

rkeough

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:55 am

Hi United Fan! I got your photo today and I'll feature it Thursday! Great tattoo!

Thanks!
Ryan K.
http://www.tattoosinflight.com
"Aviation is proof, that given the will, we have the ability to achieve the impossible" - Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker