N737MC
Topic Author

World Airline Fleets News Magazine?

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 am

Alright so what is the deal at WAF News Magazine? It came back with a new look and everything but the site is never updated and still has the March issue listed on the front page. Is this magazine struggling? I used to love this magazine and the quality, but am not sure what is going on.

www.wafnews.com

Anyone still subscribe that could shed some light?

Thanks

Aaron

Holidaycharter

RE: World Airline Fleets News Magazine?

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:24 am

I was thinking on subscribing but i have put it on holsd since reading this looks like it could be struggling who knows can anyone advise?

gasgh

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:18 pm

I run Airline Hobby Supplies, and have the 2008 issues of WAFN up to the latest (September 2008)m, except for two sold out issues. October 2008 is due shortly.

See www.airline-hobby.com, go the the store, then search 'WAFN-' (without the quotes).

I mail it with a piece of sturdy corogated cardboard, to try to ensure it arrives in your mailbox with minimal creasing.

So... as far as i can tell..... WAFN is alive and very well! It's my favourite monthly airliner magazine!

rampkontroler

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I've subscribed since 1992, and have the October 2008 issue on hand for a while now (I have three shots in this issue!  Smile ) I just checked the website, and you are correct that it hasn't been updated for a while! I don't know why that is.

It's been one of my favorites for many years, and I have every issue hung in a vertical file. Who knows...maybe the collection will be worth something one day!

mcdonobr

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 pm

The website is lagging behind, but, the magazine in my opinion now has an improved look, the same great quality glossy paper, and what I consider the best color photos available in any aviation magazine.
What I thought was really great: I had just recently renewed my subscription when the magazine folded, when they restarted production many months later, I suddenly started receiving the new editions automatically. Any other magazine probably would not have done this and tried claiming they weren't legally required to do so.
Keep up the great work Ricky!

757767lover

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:52 pm

I don't know about you but the latest edition has gone to pot. There is no pages 4/5 6/7 and the rest you find duplicated. It has totally been screwed up

na

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:37 pm

For some years I had beeen a subscriber, and they went bust. I then discovered skyliners magazine, which is similar with fleet news and lots of photos on glossy paper. A bit tacky and too colourful in layout, but plus the added value of feature stories and two language info.

When I heard there would be a restart of WAFN, I wrote several emails - no answer.
Seems they went bust again, no website, nothing. Shame, they were very good, I would have remained a faithful customer...

WA707atMSP

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm

I re subscribed to World Airline Fleets News at the 2007 Airliners International convention in MCI, and I've been very happy with it.

It usually takes about a month for magazines to reach the USA. I received my copy of the May issue about 1 1/2 weeks ago. However, the quality of the photography and news items is just as good as the "old" WAFN. It is still a very enjoyable magazine to read.