aviateur

Flight Paperwork, DKR To JFK (Offer For Collector)

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:30 am

It seems that airliner enthusiasts will collect almost anything, so how about this....

Flying from Dakar, the Senegal aeronautics department, called ASECNA, puts together a really cool flight packet. There's weather information, NOTAMS, etc., etc. It comes in a yellow cardstock folder, "CONDITIONS METEOROLOGIQUES EN ROUTE ET AUX AERODROMES" that looks like something out of the 1940s.

I've always hated throwing these folders away, so last time through I decided to hang onto it, thinking somebody on ANet might wish to have one.

In fact I have the ENTIRE collection of paperwork from a recent flight from DKR to JFK (minus a few proprietary things). Weather reports, color turbulence charts, maps, the flight plan, a fuel receipt -- about 30 pages of stuff. The folder is also autographed by the crew.

It's kind of a neat keepsake, I think, and insightful for anybody who wonders what the paperwork looks like for a trans-oceanic flight. If you'd like to have it, shoot me an email and I'd be happy to send it to you.
Patrick Smith is an airline pilot, air travel columnist and author

klm672

RE: Flight Paperwork, DKR To JFK (Offer For Collector)

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Is it legal to sell that sorta stuff? I ask because I have some ExpressJet engine Mechanical books that I'd like to sell.