1. Think of any flight I feel like, could be with a 767, or a DC-3, whatever "feels" right at that moment.
2. Think of a route, again, this could be anything, lately I fly around the US a lot.
3. Find a route using a program called "V-Route", or sometimes make a route with FsNAV myself.
4. Power on airplane (I always start cold and dark)
5. Fire up FS
, select flight, load, and listen to ATIS. (Usually on Real World Weather with updates)
6. Fire up Sim Charts and find a good SID
7. Enter route, start engines, get clearance and fly!
I ignore FS
ATC during the flight, only on ground, TO
, and landing I have it on. I've had to many IFR flights being screwed up by stupid ATC instructions.