B747forever
Topic Author

Help With FSX Flight Planning

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:29 pm

I really dont like the direct GPS route that FSX offer one, I want to get a real flight route imported into FSX.

For instance, I want fly from LHR to LAX, but dont like the FSX route, but want one real that an aircraft flew a few day earlier in real life. How can I get that same exact route??
Work Hard, Fly Right

EmiratesA380

RE: Help With FSX Flight Planning

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm

The high-altitude airways or VOR-VOR routes are pretty accurate. Not the exact route, but close I would assume.

-EmiratesA380

phlstudent

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:04 am

Are you using default aircraft or payware?

I usually get the flight plan from flightaware and then use simroutes.com to create a flight plan to load into my Level D 767 FMC. But for flights to and from the US, flightaware will display the flight plan.

zappbrannigan

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:11 pm

I recommend this site http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ for general sim route generation. Unless you can extract an actual route from airways manuals etc. or sites such as flightaware mentioned above, this site will generate very adequate routes, and for many short-haul flights the exact route requirements specified in the real-world docs.

If you're using it for trans-atlantic long-haul flights such as LHR-LAX as specified, make sure you enable the NAT (North Atlantic Tracks) option.

B747forever
Topic Author

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Quoting EmiratesA380 (Reply 1):
or VOR-VOR routes are pretty accurate

But that doesnt work on the LHR-LAX route.

Quoting PHLstudent (Reply 2):
Are you using default aircraft or payware?

Default actually.

Quoting Zappbrannigan (Reply 3):

Thanks for that website, but how do you load that route into FSX??
Work Hard, Fly Right

r12055p

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:33 am

You edit the route by selecting different waypoints, NDBs, and VORs you want your flight plan to fly through. If you know the route you want you can set up any route you want to by editing waypoints.

B747forever
Topic Author

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 am

Quoting R12055p (Reply 5):
You edit the route by selecting different waypoints, NDBs, and VORs you want your flight plan to fly through. If you know the route you want you can set up any route you want to by editing waypoints.

Okay, but how do you edit the waypoints and stuff like that??
Work Hard, Fly Right

googles

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:06 am

Quoting PHLstudent (Reply 2):
I usually get the flight plan from flightaware and then use simroutes.com to create a flight plan to load into my Level D 767 FMC. But for flights to and from the US, flightaware will display the flight plan.

How do you get your flight plan from Flight Aware? I'm having trouble finding out.

Note: I'm trying to create a flight plan in the Middle-East not in the US. Perhaps the website doesn't show as much detail for flights outside of US?