ogre727

Question For Fs2004 Experts

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi guys,

Just a question regarding the afcad2 files on the fs2004. Everytime I land on an airport, it doesn´t matter which aiplane or airline is flying, the ground control will direct me to the same gate, which is very annoying as sometimes this will be in the wrong terminal.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have edited the AFCAD2 file and I have already changed all my aircraft.cfg files and have put there the correct parking code, and gate type but nothing works.

Anybody?
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea

Brendan03

RE: Question For Fs2004 Experts

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:56 pm

I think this probably belongs in Hobby forums but uh, I've been using FS2004 since the week it was released in Australia and I'm still loyal to it, I've done alot of AFCAD stuff and AI traffic and never really bother using the Internal ATC for going to my gate if I know where I'm supposed to be going, The parking code as far as I can tell, is pretty much irrelevant for the aircraft you're using.

Have you looked on the Avsim forums?
Coolier than thou.

csturdiv

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:59 am

The gate namings in the AFCAD files and in the aircraft.cfg file are used by the AI aircraft only and not by the user flown aircraft. You are more than likely being directed to the first open gate that fits your aircraft's size.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

ogre727

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:55 pm

I just found out how! you are supposed to use the AFCAD program to edit both the size (diameter) of the gate and your airplane. The program will direct you to the gate that matches perfectly your airplane diameter.

Thanks for your help.
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea