ElpinDAB
Topic Author

Sstsim - Flight1 Concorde Probs - PLZ Help!

Fri May 01, 2009 7:02 am

Hey
I've had the SSTSIM (Concorde FS9 add-on) for quite some time now. My old computer became really tired, and for about 3 years, I couldn't even play flight sim because the computer just couldn't handle it. I recently got a new computer that will run flight sim flawlessly with complicated addons, and I've successfully re-installed some (but not all) of my flight sim addons. Fortunately, I was able to install the Concorde. I've been having fun with it, but I've had one major problem: I didn't recover my manuals, and can't remember how to transfer fuel to adjust the CG for supersonic flight. (I used to know how to do it, flawlessly.) Every time I try to fly it, about 30-45 minutes into the flight, the number 3 engine will shut down completely. That's not to mention the M/CG annunciator that chimes every time I approach Mach 1.

I think the 2 issues are related. If anyone has this sim and can offer a remedy, then I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

ElpinDAB
Topic Author

RE: Sstsim - Flight1 Concorde Probs - PLZ Help!

Fri May 01, 2009 8:22 am

Alright, just an update...
I found the 'automatic fuel transfer' function, and all went well until descent. Mach 1.8 @ FL490 on AP w/ Max climb selected... Then, when I started the descent, the automatic fuel flight engineer function seemed to fail to function, and all of my engines failed except the number 1 as I initiated my descent. The actual CG remained stationary while the CG limits shifted towards their subsonic flight envelope. I thought that the fuel shift function would solve my problems, because the actual CG was much further forward for takeoff at max fuel than it was for landing, with about 70% fuel, while the automatic fuel transfer function was on for almost the entire flight.

Edit: I'm sure that the CG/engine failure problems are related too...the engine failures only occur when the CG is out of the envelope.

[Edited 2009-05-01 01:24:32]