pjflysfast

Aerosoft Working On New Flight Simulator?

Tue May 26, 2009 3:34 pm

I thought this would be a quite appropriate topic for this forum. I would love to find out more!

It started with the posting of a single picture and "no comment, don't ask" under the topic "The 'secret' Project, and not for Microsoft FS2004 or FSX" in Aerosoft's online discussion and support forums. Some time later, Mathijs Kok offered these detais:

"It is indeed a new simulator (but with roots as far back as FS1) we will discuss later in much more detail. It is NOT however a direct replacement of FSX but a simulator dedicated to a specific role (that of the pilot flying) in specific aircraft (several airliners). Very focused on these specific parts of a simulator.

"I can however also say that we are at this moment testing game engines to see which would be suitable to make a complete new 'SDK open' simulator that will be intended as a replacement for FSX. This is however a huge multi million dollar project. Of course we do have big parts, like much scenery and aircraft but it still remains a daunting task. Right now this is not linked to the IFCS and only a discussion topic."

Read the full forum thread here.

nighthawk

RE: Aerosoft Working On New Flight Simulator?

Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Quoting Pjflysfast (Thread starter):
Read the full forum thread here.

... or here

lhr380

Tue May 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Great news.

That image is stunning.
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

Burkhard

Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm

yes

Aerosoft has access to many core items needed, contracts with all top designers, and a good management. If somebody can do it, then Aerosoft.

pjflysfast

Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 pm

So do you think it is a whole new flight simulator all together? I mean that is what I am getting out of all this. It sounds great I just hope if that is the case our computers can handle this new sim.

Burkhard

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 am