aerdingus

Anyone Here Fly The Caravelle In FS?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:41 pm

Hey,

Just got the AFG Caravelle for FS9. It's so cool, but very complicated! I was so happy when I actually managed to start the engines & taxi! There isn't really much in there about setting the autopilot, does any one know how? And what can I expect from this autopilot?!

Merci  Wink
2016: BHX GLA KIR LCY LGW MUC VIE BA EI FR LH OS A320 A321 ATR 42 ATR 72 B738 E190 E195

AviatorG

RE: Anyone Here Fly The Caravelle In FS?

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:13 am

Hey Aerdingus,
It is a truly beautiful model, although it did take me a very long time as well to get her all fired up & airborne - not to mention the autopilot. I eventually ended up settling for the default 737 panel & kept the sounds.
Regards,
G  cool 

aerdingus

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Yeah I kinda gave up on her, I tried for ages! Yeah maybe I should just get a different panel & try it again.

Cheers
2016: BHX GLA KIR LCY LGW MUC VIE BA EI FR LH OS A320 A321 ATR 42 ATR 72 B738 E190 E195

MadameConcorde

Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:52 pm

No but I have flown inside the real thing heaps of times when I was little.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

aerdingus

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:41 pm

It must have been really cool, (and loud!) am quite jealous. There are no more flying Caravelles, are there?  Sad

MadameConcorde

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Quoting Aerdingus (Reply 4):
There are no more flying Caravelles, are there?

Not that I know of unless some flying clubs or aviation buffs still have a few in flying condition but this nothing I have heard of. I am sure there are Caravelle groups to be found on the Web maybe on Facebook.

To answer your first question, yes I keep excellent memories of flying in the Caravelles. They were the precursors to Concorde which original name given by Sud-Aviation was "Super Caravelle" which had later become Concorde as named by General de Gaulle.

This was in the 60's way before the French Revolution of 1968. I was mostly with my aunt and my cousin. I remember being served full meals on board that included lobster and champagne. This was in regular class not First. They did not have the name Economy class in those days. They had another name for it which I can't remember.

It was the flying of yesteryears.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

aerdingus

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Wow, really insightful post, merci beaucoup Madame! I feel really stupid because I never knew there was a 60s French Revolution. Was it the students? And how funny, the name Economy didn't exist back then! And I never knew of the Concorde connection, very cool.