dale001

Airnav's Flight Tracker Vs. Radarbox: Questions

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi, Just joined the site.Some questions about "Live Flight Tracker" and "Radarbox".....

What are the primary differences between these two products---other than the initial price of the Radarbox? Does the price of the Radarbox make it that much superior to "Live Flight Tracker?"

Do BOTH products require a monthly fee?

Are both truly "real time?" It's my understanding that Radarbox is only Real time if it's an overhead or nearby plane and Live Flight Tracker has a 5-10 minute delay always.

Thanks---

Dale

Fly2HMO

RE: Airnav's Flight Tracker Vs. Radarbox: Questions

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm

You know all of those questions are clearly answered in their website...  cheeky 

Anyways, both are real time, the radar box will pick up any plane within range IF it is ADS-B equipped. ADS-B planes are still kinda rare these days, though some airlines are starting to adopt it and every plane will need to have the system within a few years.

dale001

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, after studying the product's site, it is not entirely clear if the box requires a monthly fee, but I believe I have my answer now--from going to other sites.
Just wanted to be sure and get my 15 dollars worth.  Smile

Thanks for replying. These forums will be a huge help and fun for my aviation interests.

Dale

Burkhard

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:46 pm

The fun of the Radar box network is that you receive the data yourself and in addition share with many others - So the fun is bigger when you live in an area where there is no Radar box near by - what Air Nav is building up there is really a huge new dimension of our hobby.