KCmike

Should I Purchase Radar Contact?

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I have been looking into buying Radar Contact for FS9. It looks like a fantastic program however I have put a lot of time and effort into my current ATC package as far as using editvoicepack. I have created hundreds of callsigns and airport names and "tweaked" it just how i like. But Radar Contact obviously is a more realistic ATC program. So my questions for you is if I go with RC will all my editvoicepack work be flushed? My main concern is the callsigns, is there an entirely new voice program that would require me to remake all of these callsigns?

Mike
Cleared for the option...

elcableguy77

RE: Should I Purchase Radar Contact?

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

As far as I know, there isn't an EditVoicepack-like feature for Radar Contact, though, the procedures RC uses for ATC is far and above better than default FS9. If RC doesn't have a callsign, it uses the first letter of the callsign, e.g., "Lima" for "Lindbergh." A bit unrealistic, but, it works for me. All a matter of what you prefer.
Former ZW F/A | "Wisconsin 72A, contact departure, see ya."

nighthawk

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm

I bought RC years ago for FS9, and have only ever used it once. I just find the ATC far too slow at speaking, making it unrealistic, and extremely frustrating. Additionally, having to sit and compile the adventure then load it is just a pain in the ass.

Stick to FS9.

elcableguy77

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:14 pm

As far as RC ATC speaking slowly, there is an add-on for it that can be found on AVSIM that speeds up much of the speech and makes it much more bearable. And yes, you do have to load your flight plan into RC before you fly if you're flying IFR. Haven't tried a VFR flight with it yet (I prefer the bigger stuff), but I have found it works well and is a lot closer to actual ATC procedures. Plus, you can task your "first officer" with taking care of the radio calls, leaving you to do the flying if you so desire. There's also a feature where he can fly, but it only works with certain aircraft (as mentioned in the manual, I think).
Former ZW F/A | "Wisconsin 72A, contact departure, see ya."

fatmirjusufi

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Why you don't fly online (VATSIM or even IVAO) it's so realistic and what's the most important: it's freeware!  
DO FLIGHTS. NOT FIGHTS.