seemyseems
Topic Author

FSX ATC Problem

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't know if the problem is directly through the ATC, but whenever I'm near/in airports such as IST, DME and KIX I keep getting an 'Airport Information' ticker bar appearing, not only that; it overrides the ATC so I cannot acknowledge requests, and resulting in my IFR being cancelled.

Is there anyway I can disable this or maybe a thing to fix it? Any help will be great!
seemyseems

ywgfarmer

RE: FSX ATC Problem

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:51 am

Check your NAV2 radio, it's probably tuned to the ATIS of a nearby airport. However that should not stop your ability to respond to whoever you have tuned to your NAV1 radio.

StarAC17

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Quoting ywgfarmer (Reply 1):
Check your NAV2 radio, it's probably tuned to the ATIS of a nearby airport. However that should not stop your ability to respond to whoever you have tuned to your NAV1 radio.

NAV2?

Are you sure you don't mean COMM2. If this is an issue you can try making sure that your Comm frequencies are the same as the center you are talking to. Another thing you can try change the Comm1 frequency to a random one and the ATC should ask you to tune the center again and you should be able to resume your IFR flight plan.

Also if your IFR gets cancelled you can just simply reload it from the flight planner and continue on which sucks when on an approach but it really no issue if you have just taken off when you can re-request the plan when out of the area of these airports.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

ywgfarmer

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:26 pm

My bad, I meant Com 2. Wrote that in a rush a couple of days ago. Head wasn't on quite straight I guess.