flymia
Topic Author

Miami Scenery FSX

Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 pm

I am planning on making the switch to FSX however I keep having my doubts, I will also have FS9 on my new PC but I would like to just focus on one sim with AI traffic, add ons etc.. I cant find any Scenery for MIA. I know MIA is one of the high detailed airports but from what I have seen it is very outdated with no Councourse J and still having the C and B councourses. I been looking for MIA scenery but cant find anything. And I also cant find much for the Bahamas or other Florida airports which is where I do a decent amount of flying. Anyone know of anything? Did I miss something on Avsim?

Thanks for the help.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

EA CO AS

RE: Miami Scenery FSX

Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 pm

FreeFlow Florida is a must, as is FlyTampa's KMIA. Not sure if they're FSX-compatible but they're awesome for FS9 at the very least.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

flymia
Topic Author

Sun May 02, 2010 12:01 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 1):
FreeFlow Florida is a must, as is FlyTampa's KMIA. Not sure if they're FSX-compatible but they're awesome for FS9 at the very least.

I dont think either will work with FSX. I know Fly Tampa's is not going to work with FSX and that scenery is outdated already anyway. I dont have any idea on Free Flow, anyone know anything? I am think FS9 scenery wont work at all with FSX no?
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

UltimateDelta

Mon May 03, 2010 1:40 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 2):
I dont have any idea on Free Flow, anyone know anything? I am think FS9 scenery wont work at all with FSX no?

I'm pretty sure Free Flow won't work in FSX. I rtried the Bermuda scenery, but everything was misaligned and out of place. I do have an OMA scenery for FS9, and it works just fine in FSX (the jetways don't move, but i can live with that). I guess it depends on the developer.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

flymia
Topic Author

Mon May 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 3):
I do have an OMA scenery for FS9, and it works just fine in FSX (the jetways don't move, but i can live with that). I guess it depends on the developer.

Do you know which developer or who made it? Interesting that some add on scenery works.

UltimateDelta

Mon May 03, 2010 10:13 pm

According to AVSIM, it's done by Mach-1 Design Group.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

flymia
Topic Author

Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 am

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 5):
it's done by Mach-1 Design Group.

Thanks, I have most of their stuff on FS9 it is great maybe some of their stuff will work on FSX that would be great.