Aeolus
Topic Author

FSX Problems With Panel Views. Help!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:11 am

Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

I've just started using FSX and the first day everything was fine. I don't know if I might've pressed something but the first day I could see the GPS, Radio stack and all that you can see when you press SHIFT + |,2,3...
I now can't do that, is there a way I can see that again? I'm wondering because I really want to be able to fly well. And is there a Cockpit view as in FS9 where you have the panel instead of having always a Virtual Cockpit?

Is it possible to view the "Cockpit view" of FS9-style in FSX?

Thanks.

Aeolus
Flying under the clouds above!

Maverick623

RE: FSX Problems With Panel Views. Help!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 am

Quoting Aeolus (Thread starter):
I don't know if I might've pressed something but the first day I could see the GPS, Radio stack and all that you can see when you press SHIFT + |,2,3...
I now can't do that

As in, you hit shift+2 or shift+3 and nothing happens? If so, check your keyboard assignments. Go to Options>Settings>Controls to make sure.

Quoting Aeolus (Thread starter):
And is there a Cockpit view as in FS9 where you have the panel instead of having always a Virtual Cockpit?

F10.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

Aeolus
Topic Author

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 1):

I've tried looking at the keyboard assignments and pressing F10 but nothing... maybe I''l just have to re-install the whole thing all over again?

-Aeolue

Maverick623

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:23 am

Quoting Aeolus (Reply 2):
maybe I''l just have to re-install the whole thing all over again?

You shouldn't, the problems are definitely in the keyboard settings. Do any of the other key commands work? Like G for raising/lowering the landing gear, CTRL+L for landing lights?
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

Aeolus
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 3):

Yes, everything else works fine.
I'll set them up again. Though what now happens is that, a "ghost" panel appears whenever I press SHIFT + 3 for the GPS, but it's only momentary because it kinda disappears but whenever I pass the mouse over it it shows me some of the functions, like labels, but I can't see the GPS...

Aeolus

thebatman

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 am

Go to your options>settings>display. You should see where it asks you to always start with a virtual or 2D cockpit. Select the 2D setting and make sure your panel transparency is set to 0%. That's what may be causing it to look "ghost-like". I never use the "F" keys to bring up my GPS, radios, etc...I always go to view>instrument panel>GPS (the toolbar on top of your screen while you're flying). Let me know if any of this works  
Aircraft mechanics - because pilots need heroes too!