initious
Topic Author

Adding Airports And Runways To FSX

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 am

Hello, I would like to know if any of you guys has any ideas of how to add my own airport / runways to FSX. The main thing is I want to add the second runway to SHA and add Shantou Waisha Airport (SWA/ZGOW) to the game. Thanks!
One way I will fly around the world!

UltimateDelta

RE: Adding Airports And Runways To FSX

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 pm

There's a great free program out there called Airport Design Editor (I forget the name of the host site, but a Google search should bring it up). I won't go into the details of how to add stuff to airports just because it's a little to difficult to explain briefly (though in practice it isn't too hard), but you can go to www.fsdeveloper.com if you have any questions.

Of course, there are payware programs for this that are much more sophisticated and let you do more, but for stuff like this (and if this is the first time you've ever done something like this) I would recommend ADE.

Hope this helps!
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

Burkhard

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 am

YES, ADE is the way to go for you. Welcome to the club! I recommend you register at fsdeveloper and look into the forums, there is everything you need. Good luck!

initious
Topic Author

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 am

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 1):
There's a great free program out there called Airport Design Editor (I forget the name of the host site, but a Google search should bring it up). I won't go into the details of how to add stuff to airports just because it's a little to difficult to explain briefly (though in practice it isn't too hard), but you can go to www.fsdeveloper.com if you have any questions.

Of course, there are payware programs for this that are much more sophisticated and let you do more, but for stuff like this (and if this is the first time you've ever done something like this) I would recommend ADE.

Hope this helps!
Quoting Burkhard (Reply 2):
YES, ADE is the way to go for you. Welcome to the club! I recommend you register at fsdeveloper and look into the forums, there is everything you need. Good luck!

Thanks for the help!   I'll have a look at it once I get home tonight and try it over the weekend. I hope it's easy to use!
One way I will fly around the world!