boeing767mech
Topic Author

Airplanes Parked In FS2004

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 am

Help: I'm running a vitural freight airline with guys at work. We fly mostly into military air bases. We have downloaded and updated the air bases we fly into. But I'm wondering how can I place parked airplanes on the ramp area to make it more real. If anyone know how please let me know. I have searched this forum and can't find anything.

Thank You
David
CEO Rossa RumRunners Airline
Never under-estimate the predictably of stupidty

thebatman

RE: Airplanes Parked In FS2004

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 am

Quoting boeing767mech (Thread starter):
But I'm wondering how can I place parked airplanes on the ramp area to make it more real. If anyone know how please let me know.

Well the simple answer is to bump up your GA and airline traffic settings. The higher the setting, the more airplanes you'll see. I haven't flown into that many military air bases, but the only place I've ever seen virtual military aircraft is on the aircraft carrier just outside of KSAN. If all of your flying is into air bases, that might be why you're not seeing anything. Just my $0.02
Aircraft mechanics - because pilots need heroes too!

EA CO AS

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:53 am

Also, check your AFCADs to ensure any AI planes have places to park!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

JohnKrist
Crew

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 am

If you want it filled with military aircraft you will need to create your own traffic file using TrafficTools by Lee Swordy.
Here's a nice little tutuorial on how to do it, it's actually quite simple  http://michaelstanton.net/ai/tutorial.htm
Airliners.net Crew-Head Support
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, 50mm 1.4, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

boeing767mech
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks for the help, but I was looking for more static airplanes then anything else, since no on has a c-141A model in AI aircraft. Unless there is a way to make AI airplanes out of downloaded airplanes.

David
Never under-estimate the predictably of stupidty

JohnKrist
Crew

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 am

You can use any aircraft in your aircraft folder for AI, it's just a matter of resources. Dedicated AI-planes are leaner on the system since they have no cockpit, often less round fuselages, simple textures etc.
Airliners.net Crew-Head Support
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, 50mm 1.4, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT