n6238p

Hard To Find Models

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:37 am

I'm a big fan of airlines involved with Illinois and especially MDW. In my 24 years of living next to the airport I've tried to collect 1/100, 1/200, and 1/250 plastic models of aircraft that have flown in and out of the airport. I was excited to see in my new Airplaneshop.com catalog finally a plastic AA F-100 being made available and hopefully soon sit next to my TZ 752 and ML DC-9. With this being said there is still major holes in my collect of aircraft I have never seen available. The biggest one being a Chicago Express SF-340. I prefer to collect plastic models but on this one, anything even a 1/500 scale would do the trick. If anyone even knows of a model of this being produced I'd like to know.

I'm also looking for information about in 1/200 or 1/100
KIWI International Air Lines 727-200
old color Comair CRJ-200
Vanguard 737-200
Porter Airlines DHC-8-Q400

Now I know these next two requests are probably next to impossible but... also on the off chance anyone has ever seen or heard about a Chicago Express Jetstream 31 or anything involving Air Illinois, let me know.
To actively root against anybody is just low, and I hope karma comes back at you with a vengeance

Tango-Bravo

RE: Hard To Find Models

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Out of curiosity...have you confirmed whether the models you mention you are looking for have ever been produced? My best suggestion is to check ebay regularly...lots of models of the type you collect show up there on a ~daily basis...if it has been produced, it's very likely to be offered at ebay, sooner or later. As for what it will take to win what you are looking for...you may be able to "steal" it for an anazingly low price...or it could set you back 3-figure$...although somewhere toward the low-end of in-between is the most likely scenario.

Good luck with your searches 

LN-MOW

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Quoting Tango-Bravo (Reply 1):
have you confirmed whether the models you mention you are looking for have ever been produced?

'Everything' exists ... If nothng else as a limited number specially made for executive offices. I have myself tried to get hold of a Vanguard model for years, but so far I have been unsuccessfull. A couple of 737's were offered on ebay a couple of years ago, but I got outbid on both ...  
- I am LN-MOW, and I approve this message.

Ont2CGi

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm

The only J-31 I know of is this one:
http://www.modelairplanefactory.com/...s/bae-jetstream-31-model-p598.html
I'd imagine they'd be willing to do custom paint, but as several peeps have mentioned, it may be more than you want to pay (it is for me)