caribbeanflyboy
Topic Author

How Can I Set Up A Live ATC Feed From My Home?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey Guys,

I'd like to set up a live atc feed for Juliana (TNCM), what equipment would I need, and how would I go about connecting and setting it up?

Thanks!

lhr380

RE: How Can I Set Up A Live ATC Feed From My Home?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Quoting caribbeanflyboy (Thread starter):
I'd like to set up a live atc feed for Juliana (TNCM), what equipment would I need, and how would I go about connecting and setting it up?

Head over to liveatc.net, im sure they have instructions on what you need to do.
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

LoveJT8D

RE: How Can I Set Up A Live ATC Feed From My Home?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:40 am

Are you looking to get the transmissions from the internet or radio frequencies. I've had the most luck with a basic hand-held or desktop police scanner that covers the aviation bands. Depending on your antenna and location to the airport, you can dial in whatever frequency you want (ground, tower, departures and so-on) and can hear all the transmissions that way. Using this method would also help you become familiar with the frequencies they operate on. Good luck and if you have any questions, let me know. Amateur Radio has always been a hobby of mine so I've always been biased to listening to ATC the "fun way" by dialing in the frequencies