seemyseems
Topic Author

Airline Mogul '11

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey everyone! I've started a world on Airline Mogul, if anyone is interested in joining; it's Private World #1811. The password is: aviation. The starter aircraft is 2x ATR 42-300 and it's a full world.

Thanks!
seemyseems

gmonney

RE: Airline Mogul '11

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 pm

I joined, thanks for the offer!

Grant
(ROY)
Drive it like you stole it!

KingFriday013

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm

FUNG WAH PLANE MAKE NO THANK YOU NO TAKE PART OF IN THIS THE WORLD NOW FOR.

In other words, I'm gonna pass on this one. Today's the first day of the new semester, so I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time for now  

-J.

FLY WITH MAGNIFICENT WIND - FUNG WAH PLANE !
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

ALTF4

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:28 am

African Airways and White Airways.

Really guys?

First time playing - lets see how horribly I do.
The above post is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it.

gmonney

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Only my second time at it... joined a long time ago.... i think its fun and doesn't take a huge amount of time.... unless someone sets up shop in you home base.... then look out!

G

northstardc4m

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Quoting gmonney (Reply 4):
Only my second time at it... joined a long time ago.... i think its fun and doesn't take a huge amount of time.... unless someone sets up shop in you home base.... then look out!

IF I set up at your home base, just cut bait and run  

Yes i've joined too, but not telling who as :P
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Super80DFW

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

I just offered one of my ATR's for short-term lease. Might as well let someone use it while I don't.  
"Things change, friends leave, life doesn't stop for anybody." -- EAT'EM UP EAT'EM UP KSU!!

KingFriday013

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Quoting Northstardc4m (Reply 5):

It's not hard to figure out which one you are. You'll probably be in first place by next week at the latest.

-J.

FLY WITH MAGNIFICENT WIND - FUNG WAH PLANE !
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

seemyseems
Topic Author

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:19 am

Thanks for joining

LOL! Will your carrier change it's name in 1991? 

Just out of interest, which airlines are you all?
seemyseems

northstardc4m

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Quoting KingFriday013 (Reply 7):
It's not hard to figure out which one you are. You'll probably be in first place by next week at the latest.

nah.... im bored with being the supermegahugehub airline..

Quoting seemyseems (Reply 8):
LOL! Will your carrier change it's name in 1991? 

Yes... you'll have to wait and see :P
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

gmonney

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 am

IF I set up at your home base, just cut bait and run

Well my running shoes are on.... just have to cut bait!

It sort of balances a work day, just trying to re-create a great Canadian airline.... need to get some L-10's and 757's!

G

FRUNKUS

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am

Hello I,m new to the Site and Air Sims played Air-bucks back in the 90's lol
Recently bought Airpro 7 it's Decent, but maybe lacking a little . Is Air mogul a good idea for a newbie to learn on ?

& may i join you pvt. World

Thanks . matt

gmonney

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 am

Ya its cool, takes a bit to get into.... once you get the drift, its all $hit's and giggles.

have fun,

Grant

seemyseems
Topic Author

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Quoting FRUNKUS (Reply 11):
& may i join you pvt. World

Sure! I deleted a few inactive members, so there is a few more places now.
seemyseems

ALTF4

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:50 pm

So, my airline is a complete mess. Two hubs in north america, with a bunch of 737-300's for the domestic routes and a few 767's for international routes. Traffic is generally divided between the hubs, with the exception of some higher-capacity cities serving both hubs - but no specific rhyme or reason to it. Some planes fly one long route and two short routes and have 3hrs left on them, others only have 2 minutes available time left.

Question #1: One hub is east coast, the other hub is western-central. Should I duplicate traffic between the hubs? For example, hub1-LAX and hub2-LAX? Or should I generally split traffic between east and west, directing the flight to the closest hub?

Question #2: At what point should I start increasing frequencies? Ever? Should I run 2x or 3x between a hub and LAX, or should I run 1x and also run 1x to a new, smaller destination, such as Savannah, GA?

Question #3: Seems there is no point in saving money up and ordering planes in bulk. I would have assumed you'd get a bulk discount or have a day or two shaved off the delivery time for each.

Quyestion #4: I've noticed that a lot of short-haul routes generates a lower amount of revnue, but proportionally much more than longer flights. For example, my base is in the northeast, and I have one plane doing a crazy amount of short-hop flights to every airport in the area from DC to NYC, Boston and even Canada. This plane generates a ton of revenue - so is it better to keep routes as short as possible? For example, should I have hubs all over the US in higher-traffic areas (one in FL, one in CA, one in the NE, one in TX, one in the midwest, etc) running the short-hop flights and then connect all the hubs together?

Don't feel like you have to give your secret strategies away, but since this is my first round, I'm not sure the best methods here, so any help would be appreciated!

[Edited 2011-02-17 07:52:32]

vin2basketball

Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Quoting ALTF4 (Reply 14):
Question #1: One hub is east coast, the other hub is western-central. Should I duplicate traffic between the hubs? For example, hub1-LAX and hub2-LAX? Or should I generally split traffic between east and west, directing the flight to the closest hub?

Question #2: At what point should I start increasing frequencies? Ever? Should I run 2x or 3x between a hub and LAX, or should I run 1x and also run 1x to a new, smaller destination, such as Savannah, GA?

Question #3: Seems there is no point in saving money up and ordering planes in bulk. I would have assumed you'd get a bulk discount or have a day or two shaved off the delivery time for each.

Quyestion #4: I've noticed that a lot of short-haul routes generates a lower amount of revnue, but proportionally much more than longer flights. For example, my base is in the northeast, and I have one plane doing a crazy amount of short-hop flights to every airport in the area from DC to NYC, Boston and even Canada. This plane generates a ton of revenue - so is it better to keep routes as short as possible? For example, should I have hubs all over the US in higher-traffic areas (one in FL, one in CA, one in the NE, one in TX, one in the midwest, etc) running the short-hop flights and then connect all the hubs together?

Don't feel like you have to give your secret strategies away, but since this is my first round, I'm not sure the best methods here, so any help would be appreciated!

#1- Make sure you do so.. There is no cannibalization of traffic (ie: if you have a hub @ PIT, and @STL, then PIT-LAX, and STL-LAX won't take passengers from each other).

#2- Don't do multi-freq... Running 1x/day to as many destinations as possible is by far the most profitable.

#3- There is no benefit in terms of pricing, but if you're in a competitive public world, it's designed to help you expand at new hubs quickly

#4- Do as many short haul flights as possible

ALTF4

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Quoting vin2basketball (Reply 15):

Thanks  

I was afraid there was no increased traffic between hubs based on flights to and from spokes from each.

mikey747

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 pm

I am new here and just wanted to ask if this is similar to airwaysim?

Thanks,
Michael

EZEIZA

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:58 pm

I just registered into this game and since I realized I am completely lost I restart once I've managed to start 

Looks fun though  
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

ALTF4

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Definitely a fun game........ For a while.

I'm up at the 2nd place spot now and its awfully boring. Just bought 75 CRJ-200's and don't feel like clicking for 4 hours setting up all the routes to the smaller airports. Oh well.

northstardc4m

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Quoting ALTF4 (Reply 19):
Definitely a fun game........ For a while.

I'm up at the 2nd place spot now and its awfully boring. Just bought 75 CRJ-200's and don't feel like clicking for 4 hours setting up all the routes to the smaller airports. Oh well.

Get the premium gate search... but yes it does get tiring... and whats worse is in 5-7 years you will have to replace all those CRJs... lest your maintenance fees skyrocket.

ALTF4

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Quoting Northstardc4m (Reply 20):
Get the premium gate search... but yes it does get tiring... and whats worse is in 5-7 years you will have to replace all those CRJs... lest your maintenance fees skyrocket.

I did get it. Still.... clicking galore. My goal was top 3 in the first round I played. I made it.

Maintenance fees don't seem to go up in the game, though. My 737-300's are pretty old but I'm still paying the same amount.

northstardc4m

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:23 pm

I don't know how many you have but after 7 years the cost will start to increase and after 10 years it gets incredibly expensive.

vin2basketball

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:16 am

My latest things are two entirely different projects.

1st: is recreate TWA's network as it might exist in the 2000s, currently only STL is open with over 90 daily flights. Future plans are JFK, LAX, SJU, CDG, ATL, MCI, and DEN in that order

2nd: an Australian airline V Ansett- 1st time I've played in AU, pretty fun, I've opened up SYD+MEL, going to continue with BNE, PER, AKL, CHC, Wellington, ADL, then SIN + LAX

gonna be doing the following worlds soon

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=12147.0

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=12169.0

Anyone interested?