mikka
Topic Author

Flight Sim PC Build

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 am

Well first of all I would just like to say G'day to everyone as this is my first post. I don't know if there is an introduction section?

So I am very shortly going to be building a new gaming PC but the main use will be for FSX or X-Plane or maybe both. I was wondering if anyone else out there runs a home flight sim with 3 monitors and how does it perform? I was thinking about X-fire or SLI but I wasn't sure if either of the programs run this successfully. I have the parts I need already listed and was just waiting for the new Nvidia card to come out before I decide on what GPU I will be getting.

Hopefully I can gain some knowledge from these wonderful forums and get my PC up and running very soon.

Thanks,
Michael

zalemam

RE: Flight Sim PC Build

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm

AMD has the Eyefinity Techonolgoy on its newer cards which I heard works great with multiple monitors, so maybe you should try an AMD card...

More info on Eyefinity : AMD-EYEFINITY-TECHNOLOGY/Pages/eyefinity.aspx" target="_blank">http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/TECHN...TY-TECHNOLOGY/Pages/eyefinity.aspx
Patience is Virtue