DeltaMike
Topic Author

Is FSX World Travel 737 A Knockoff Of Jet Airways?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:22 pm

So on FSX the World Travel Airlines 737-800 is in a very different livery from that of the World Travel 747 and A321. Once while on A.net I saw the old livery of India's Jet Airways on a 737 and thought it looked just like the World Travel one. Sure enough it has the same color scheme, same cheatline, and same font on the airline name; only big difference is the tail. AFAIK, Microsoft has never released any aircraft painted in the style of any real-world airline. Why did the designers do this? It is the aircraft featured in the Limited Options mission where the airliner is flying from the Seychelles to India and loses an engine, so I suppose they were thinking of Jet Airways when they created it.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © J.C.A.M - Singapore Aviation Spotters

KPDX

RE: Is FSX World Travel 737 A Knockoff Of Jet Airways?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:35 pm

It obviously is. So is the all-orange 747 on FS9 for example. Copying Braniff's 747.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © George W. Hamlin

View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

Ps76

RE: Is FSX World Travel 737 A Knockoff Of Jet Airways?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi!

I would definitely say it is based on Jet Airways. Good they didn't choose Ryanair though! That might cheapen the image of their sim! On a side note I really liked Landmark Airlines from Fs2004. The guy who came up with that could be working in the real aviation industry!

Pierre