Delboy
Topic Author

Air Nav Radarbox

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Anyone else absolutely disgusted at the way Air Nav treats its cutomers?

Been trawling their website and it's a tale of jam tomorrow. Everything seems to be "we are looking into this" or "watch this space for further developments". What further developments, all radarbox database development and correction is halted until they release Ship Trax, a similar thing to radarbox but for ships (already over 3 years late in coming).

Too late for me as I bought one of these boxes but if anyone out there is thinking of buying a radarbox, my advice to them is DON'T. If you just a spotter who wants to see what's flying over your house or on approach at your local airport, get Planefinder or FlightRadar24, they are free and will do the job just as well.

Delboy
Topic Author

RE: Air Nav Radarbox

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Everyone here is happy at the way Air Nav treats there customers then?

I am amazed!

Fly2HMO

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:47 am

Quoting Delboy (Reply 1):

I am amazed!

Maybe you could bother telling us what your problem is instead of just making a random rant  

Delboy
Topic Author

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Now, where shall we start:

The Spurious Position Bug
The Hex Code Confusion Bug
The Flight Merging Bug
The Equatorial Black Hole Bug
The Serial Confusion Bug
The Aircraft in Limbo bug
The Magic Carpet Bug
The Mangled Type Designator Bug
The Flight routing database, so out of date it fails to recognise daily scheduled flights

On top of that, if you have an opinion that is diometrically opposed to the ones held by Air Nav, you end up getting banned from the discussion Forums.

Burkhard

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

Quoting Delboy (Reply 1):

Maybe there are not many Air Nav costumors that also are a.net users? Your last post indicated there has been some arguing bewteen you and them, and you want to continue this here?

Delboy
Topic Author

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Quoting Burkhard (Reply 4):
Your last post indicated there has been some arguing bewteen you and them, and you want to continue this here?

Where do you get that from? I stated that anyone expressing an anti Air Nav view got banned from their Forums, nowhere did it say that I had got banned. I just think they are a crap company who are not honest with their customers and I wanted to find out if anyone else felt the same. Obviously not.

[Edited 2011-10-19 08:16:50]

EMA747

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:27 am

Quoting Delboy (Thread starter):
If you just a spotter who wants to see what's flying over your house or on approach at your local airport, get Planefinder or FlightRadar24, they are free and will do the job just as well.

If you have an iPhone these will work on that and are fantastic for spotting. In fact I was going to buy one of the radar boxes just before I got my iPhone. With these two apps costing 0.69p I haven't had to bother and have saved a lot of money.

Andy S
Failing doesn’t make you a failure. Giving up and refusing to try again does!

Delboy
Topic Author

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Very true Andy. I have both as apps for my IPad and they work just as do just as good as the radarbox but without the hassle of spending around £400.

Garyck
Crew

Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Quoting Delboy (Reply 7):
Very true Andy. I have both as apps for my IPad and they work just as do just as good as the radarbox but without the hassle of spending around £400.

That maybe true, but without people like me buying the orignal box and feeding Flight Radar 24 your apps won't work.

lol

Gary
Keep your Ladders close, but your camera closer

tcasalert

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 am

Quoting EMA747 (Reply 6):
If you have an iPhone these will work on that and are fantastic for spotting. In fact I was going to buy one of the radar boxes just before I got my iPhone. With these two apps costing 0.69p I haven't had to bother and have saved a lot of money.

You don't even need an iPhone or to pay for them - they are free on the respective websites, and if you really do need them on the go, there are Android apps too.

I was looking at buying one until I discovered these websites that cover the whole world. The only way I would buy one is if I moved to an area with very little coverage, and then feed it to FR24.
Next flight: Feb 2012 - BHX-CPH-BHX - SK MD87 / CRJ900

Delboy
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Quoting Garyck (Reply 8):
That maybe true, but without people like me buying the orignal box and feeding Flight Radar 24 your apps won't work.

I don't share my data with Air Nav but do share it freely with FR24. That's something else about Air Nav that gets my goat, unless you select not to share your data, Air Nav automatically cultivates it and sells it as part of a network subscription, in turn making you pay for the priviledge of viewing your own data.

Absolute scumbags.