Indy
Topic Author

FSX Addon Airport Problem

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Hey I am new to the FSX world and I am having problems with addon airports. I was flying out of EHAM yesterday and noticed taxiway signs that appeared to be on the wrong spots (like in the middle of the taxiway). I was also trying to fly out of KIND and I had the same problems plus FSX was trying to make me start out of gates at the old terminal instead of the new one. The new terminal is there but for whatever reason FSX wants me to use the old one and that is where the traffic is going. Any ideas what I might need to do to fix this?
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

Fabo

RE: FSX Addon Airport Problem

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 pm

looks like scenery priority is messed up. Make sure add-on airports are on the TOP of your scenery library.

btw. installed any AI traffic packs lately?
The light at the end of tunnel turn out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

Indy
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 pm

My add-on airports are top priority. I do have one AI traffic pack add-on which is Traffic X.

Burkhard

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 pm

If you have Traffic X go to the Justflight forums, if it MyTraffic X go to the simflight forums to get advise.

There are a few addon airports which are based on FS2004 code instead of FSX code, in this case FSX will see two instances of the same airport, with one part of FSX using one and the other the other. If that is the case, but as it sounds yours is more general, then you may have to make the bgl that contains that airport from the AI package inactive by renaming it to .b

Indy
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:31 pm

There was some kind of a scenery addon for Traffic X. I think it was like Traffic X Airport Facilities or something like that. I unchecked that option in the scenery list and everything seems to work ok. My assessment of Traffic X is that it isn't a very good program. The schedules seem to be very inaccurate. Errors I've noticed out of KIND alone include NW 727's, NW DC10's and Sun Country service. I might have to look at MyTraffic X to see if it is any better.

Fabo

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Quoting Indy (Reply 4):
There was some kind of a scenery addon for Traffic X. I think it was like Traffic X Airport Facilities or something like that. I unchecked that option in the scenery list and everything seems to work ok.

yep that is what I was hinting at. I guess you CAN keep it on for where you have no add-ons, but keep it down low in the library, I recommend just below Addon Scenery.
The light at the end of tunnel turn out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT