harmonium

MS Flight: Addon Tracking

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 pm

PLEASE READ:
This thread is not for:
- Discussing the entire idea of MS Flight
- Discussing the actual game
- Discussing the official downloadable content and/or it's pricing.

This thread is for:
Keeping track of current and future addons to MS flight. Both rumoured and confirmed. Preferably with links, when available.

So, has any rumours started to flow? Are there any of the established and well-known add-on groups from earlier FS games that have announced anything in regards to MS Flight addons?

Background
I personally see huge potential for Flight. MS Provided a shell which they rely on the community to fill with content. I can really imagine Flight getting somewhere, and I can also see that this could possibly be even better for the developers, in terms of making it easier for them to get their money from the huge workload they put into scenery, aircraft, AI, soundpacks etc.

flymia

RE: MS Flight: Addon Tracking

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Quoting Harmonium (Thread starter):
Are there any of the established and well-known add-on groups from earlier FS games that have announced anything in regards to MS Flight addons?

Interesting idea for the thread. I have not heard much and I do not expect many of the previous developers to add much or anything the game as of now from what I have read.

Is Microsoft giving any info on add ons they plan to release?
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

alberchico

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Looks like Alaska will be available in spring 2012 as an add on....

http://majornelson.com/2012/03/05/a-...ct-arcade-and-windows-phone-games/

Looks like it will have scenery, missions and additional aircraft, probably bush planes.

For any fans of Alaskan bush flying like myself this is BIG news !!!
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

harmonium

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Quoting alberchico (Reply 2):
For any fans of Alaskan bush flying like myself this is BIG news !!

Happy to hear that you've got some goods in store   I really think that Flight will not be generally accepted before MS really dig into commercial flying, in terms of airliners.

Burkhard

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Without any SDK, I'm not aware of any developer to consider to program for flight!.

On the other hand, the scenery format for flight! is very similar to the one for FSX, ( just a few more surface identifiers etc...) so if there were a way to bypass the content control then there would be lots of addons possible rather fast.