vaus77w
Topic Author

Aviation Podcasts

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:46 am

G'day all.

What (if any) aviation podcasts do you listen to and what do you think of them?

Personally, I listen to the Airplane Geeks, Plane Crazy Down Under, Aviation Xtended and Flaps.

I like Airplane Geeks because it is an airline-oriented program and is fun and interesting to listen to. Also I like that it comes out on a weekly basis. The variety of hosts and guests and also its segments from Europe and Australia keep it balanced and interesting.

The others are more GA than airline focused and cover their own region's news and events in more detail and I enjoy listening to them too.

817Dreamliiner

RE: Aviation Podcasts

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 pm

I sue to listen to Airplane Geeks, cant remember why I stop listening to them though... Their Podcast were always interesting, Should probably start listening to them again.
Please let me know... If you know this is the end of the world, Let me know... If you know the truth...

vaus77w
Topic Author

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 1):

I sue to listen to Airplane Geeks, cant remember why I stop listening to them though... Their Podcast were always interesting, Should probably start listening to them again.

Yeah you should! They've changed a bit with co-hosts and format in the last year or so, which is good (hate to see a program that just keeps doing the same thing over and over again). Always a good listen IMO.

N243NW

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:09 am

The only aviation podcast I've listened to regularly is Uncontrolled Airspace. The stuff they talk about is almost always more GA than commercial aviation, but as a small aircraft pilot I enjoy the majority of the topics.

Sometimes they can get a bit bogged down and beat a certain topic to death, but that's what the fast-forward button is for. As far as regular news goes in the general aviation realm, they've got it covered. It's fun to hear them add their opinions and commentary as well.
B-52s don't take off. They scare the ground away.

817Dreamliiner

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 am

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 1):
I sue to listen to Airplane Geeks

oops! only just realized I wrote sue and not use! Hope no one got confused lol

Quoting vaus77w (Reply 2):
Yeah you should! They've changed a bit with co-hosts and format in the last year or so, which is good (hate to see a program that just keeps doing the same thing over and over again). Always a good listen IMO.

Thanks, Will probably listen to the next episode when I find time.
Please let me know... If you know this is the end of the world, Let me know... If you know the truth...

vaus77w
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Quoting N243NW (Reply 3):
The only aviation podcast I've listened to regularly is Uncontrolled Airspace. The stuff they talk about is almost always more GA than commercial aviation, but as a small aircraft pilot I enjoy the majority of the topics.

Sometimes they can get a bit bogged down and beat a certain topic to death, but that's what the fast-forward button is for. As far as regular news goes in the general aviation realm, they've got it covered. It's fun to hear them add their opinions and commentary as well.

I haven't ever listened to them but maybe I should give it a try someday when I have time.

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 4):
oops! only just realized I wrote sue and not use! Hope no one got confused lol

Haha no worries I knew what you meant to say.

B-787

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm

I also listen to Airline Pilot Guy and Aviation Careers podcast as well as the ones already mentioned.
722,732,73G,738,739,739ER,752,753,762,763,764,744,772,788,D10,M80,300,332,320