musang
Topic Author

What To Do In Naples, Florida?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I will be there a couple of days in early Feb. Could anyone suggest anything interesting to do or see, aviation related? Any interesting aircraft lying idle at small rural airfields?

Many thanks - regards - musang

csturdiv

RE: What To Do In Naples, Florida?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 am

My folks live in Naples, actually almost in Marco Island. APF is a busy airport with a lot of bizjets coming and going. I was there over Christmas and we went to Tin City, which is a collection of shops and restaurants near downtown on the water. I forget the name of the place, but from where we sat, we could see the bizjets arrive, one after another. There is a small airport near Marco Island, near my parents house, and even bizjets fly in and out of there. It is right up against Hammock Bay Country Club. I couldn't see the airport, the trees pretty much hide it while on the back 9, but you sure can hear them.

And a little self promotion, I recorded a video of our arrival into RSW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQrw7_gmKXg
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

GApilot106

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Ironically, I will be in Naples, FL around the first part of Feb. as well. I am also curious to know if anyone is familiar of any fun aviation activities in SW Florida.   

csturdiv

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:15 pm

I just booked a flight down to RSW and then onto Naples for the end of the month. When I was down there for Christmas, my mom mentioned a museum at APF that I want to try to get out to see. I would love to take the short flight between RSW-EYW with Cape Air, I see them all of the time near the AA gates at RSW, but I don't think I can do that flight this time.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD