Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Runway28L
Topic Author

Signed out by Adobe for Terms of Use update... lost all images on LR.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:26 am

Thought this was the best place to ask this...

I went and opened up Lightroom so I could edit a few images and import them to my camera roll. Lightroom wouldn't open and I had to sign into Adobe's website with my email. The Terms of Use had apparently updated and that I got automatically logged out. I agreed to the terms and tried to access Lightroom again. Still denied access... turns out I had to verify my email address again. Completed that step and open up Lightroom to find that every photo that I have imported since last December is completely gone. No sign of them anywhere. I've tried to search online to find a remedy to this problem but I cannot find anything anywhere. This is the first time that this has happened to me so I don't have any experience with this sort of thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dvincent

Re: Signed out by Adobe for Terms of Use update... lost all images on LR.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Check for your catalog backup location; assuming you've been making catalog bakups on a regular basis (LR usually prompts every week) you can recover your latest backup.

Runway28L
Topic Author

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:42 pm

dvincent wrote:
Check for your catalog backup location; assuming you've been making catalog bakups on a regular basis (LR usually prompts every week) you can recover your latest backup.

Thanks for the info but I am now having another issue.

Adobe appears to be not recognizing my email. Every time I open Lightroom, it says that I cannot access it until I complete a request which is to verify my email. I will open the link to the verification and it will say that it verified. I go to restart Lightroom but it then crashes and tells me it quit unexpectedly. Then when I go to open it again, the same process occurs.

The verification email says I recently have created an Adobe ID yet I have been using the exact same one since December. :confused:

dvincent

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:30 am

Time to call Adobe tech support, then.

Runway28L
Topic Author

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Called support and was able to resolve the issue. Turns out Adobe tried to verify the wrong email address. I have two emails and only one is tied to my subscription. it kept asking me to verify the email that didn't have the subscription. Re-linked the correct address and all of my images and presets are back. :D