LeoDF
Topic Author

Request For Mr. Johan Lundgren

Sun Jan 09, 2000 1:01 pm

Ok, thank you for your response. Here I am using this forum, to see if you could help me. The Airdisaster.com page has been using one of my photos without any given permission, also my name is not the one that appears. The one that appears is of a Jose Francisco... I've asked the site to please change my name, but there was no luck. I read the "disclaimer" and it said that no one was responsible for any misused information. Is there anything we can do? Of course, nothing regarding the law, just a simple petition??

Thank you very much for your attention!

LeoDF
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

nikonman

RE: Request For Mr. Johan Lundgren

Sun Jan 09, 2000 4:50 pm

Let me know what photo Airdisaster.com is using. I'll let the WebMasters know. I'm really good friends with Chris Kilroy, who is a founder of AD.com

Best,

Chris

LeoDF
Topic Author

RE: Nikonman

Mon Jan 10, 2000 5:10 am

Thank you for your interest. The photo is a TAESA
DC-9. It is pictured at the Taesa crash coverage.

Once again thank you very much for your cooperation...

LeoDF
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

administrator

RE: Nikonman

Mon Jan 10, 2000 6:47 pm

Let me know how it works out. If Nikonman is unable to handle it, I can contact them and have them remove the photo from their website.

Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

TriStar

Thu Jan 13, 2000 6:43 pm

LeoDF,

I've been checking on this topic for a few days now, and just noticed the photo is still there. It is indeed clear this is your photo with ID# 25417, and to say it is shocking to see people trying to steal your work even without the slightest form of recognition, is putting it mildly.

I was wondering whether you have more information on what's going on with this. If you feel legal action is not needed, some kind of a petition to Airdisaster with the photographers and enthusiasts in the A.N forums sounds like a marvellous idea.

All the best of luck, in any case,

TriStar.

nikonman

Sat Jan 15, 2000 3:03 pm

Guys,

It's been taken care of. Chris pulled it.

Best,

Chris/PDX

TriStar

Sun Jan 16, 2000 12:12 am

Hmmm. I wonder whether the A.N photographer Roozbeh M. Davoodi is aware of one of his AirTran photos being used on the "Full Coverage" page. Photo ID#30471, to be precise.
I'm not aiming to cause any trouble, but it seems like LeoDF was not in a unique situation. Well, at least there's no false name referring to the AirTran DC-9 photo (which, ironically, is still there with the Taesa feature).

I'm sure no-one ever meant any harm with placing those photos up there, but copyright is copyright...

Best regards,

TriStar.

LeoDF
Topic Author

Thank You!

Sun Jan 16, 2000 11:46 am

Nikonman, thank you for your support and help. I really appreciate it. Tristar, thank you for your concern... The problem no longer exists...

LeoDF
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

nikonman

Sun Jan 16, 2000 11:54 am

Tristar-

I think "Rooz" gave them permisson.

Best,

Chris

TriStar

RE: "Rooz"

Sun Jan 16, 2000 7:36 pm

Nikonman,

That's good news about the AirTran photo. As I said, I didn't mean to stir things up. I was just surprised with there not being a mention of the photographer alongside the photo. I thought that was mandatory when using one's photo(s) - even with permission.

Anyway, it just goes to show what a great source of photographic material A.N really is.

Oh, and LeoDF, don't mention it, about the concern. I can imagine the frustration when you come across something like that and not appear to be able to do anything about it straight off the bat. It was (and still is) a cool photo. I wonder why they didn't just change the name in the credits to yours, rather than pulling off the photo. Troubled consciounce, perhaps...? (Just kidding. As I said before, I'm quite sure no-one meant any harm.)

Best regards,

TriStar.