winair

Spotting At ORD

Thu Aug 03, 2000 10:18 am

Hey guys. Im going to be at ORD, MDW, and CGX from August 29-30th. Im taking this trip just for spotting so I can devote a lot of time to it  
My question is, where are some good spots at ORD and MDW to get some good shots? Keep in mind, Ive never been to Chicago so I dont know my way around it very well. I would love to go to spots that are a bit easy to find  

I am looking to get good landing shots and take off shots as close up to the planes as possible  

If you could also please give me some sort of directions to the locations from the airport, that would help  

Thanks!

flying_727

RE: Spotting At ORD

Thu Aug 03, 2000 10:59 pm

At MDW a good spot for taking photos is by the entry gate I think there is a spot there where you can probably stand. *note this is very close to the Runways* you can see planes takingoff on runways 4L & 4R you can also see the termainal building from here you can probably see most ATA planes from here. even though i'm from the chicago area if never been to ORD so can't help there sorry!

flying_727

P.S. Can you take a bunch of ATA, SWA, & United 727's and post them on airliners.net please thanks
On ATA, You're On Vacation