manuele

Digital Camera

Tue Aug 08, 2000 6:10 pm

Hi Everybody,
I've tried to post my pics a lot of times...
I always received the same preformatted message sayin that pic was not added 'cause image quality, bad scan... and so on...

Please take a look at my pics and tell me what do you think!

Alitalia Embraer ERJ-145

Note that this is a smaller pics than the one originally taken by my Kodak Dc 290

Thank You

Manuele

Scooter

RE: Digital Camera

Wed Aug 09, 2000 10:40 am

Oh yes. The digital camera...been there, done that!!! Seriously though, digital cameras are quite capable of stunning pics, but it's SOOOO easy to screw up. It took me a few months to figure mine out, and once I figured out what it was (and was not) capable of, it was a ton of fun. The bummer is that because of their weak zooms, you need to be VERY close to the action to get a crisp shot.

I actually put my digicam aside a few months ago and picked up a basic 35mm SLR. I hate waiting for film developing, but wow...the resolution can't be beat. If you are serious about photography (and selling your work), film is the only way to go.

However...keep playing with that digital camera. It's a great way to learn the basics about photography, as there is no cost for film. My digicam still gets lots of use, but for the big photo shoots I bring out the SLR. Just keep in mind that you won't get many 'digital' shots uploaded to this site. Most of my stuff on here is digital, but the standards are so high now that it's hard to get anything uploaded that was shot with a 2.1 megapixel camera or lower.

But just wait...in just a few years, digital will be on par with film. Oh yes...

-Scott
San Diego, CA
My name is Scott, and I am addicted to writing trip reports.