Mudozvon
Topic Author

Problems With Processed Film

Tue Oct 03, 2000 10:13 pm

Hello,

I have a small problem and can't find out how to fix it.
When I get my film back from the lab and scan it (on HP S20), I often see two horizontal lines on the image. It looks like traces from the lab's machine.
Could you please tell me how to deal with it?

Thank you.
Leonid

RE: Problems With Processed Film

Tue Oct 03, 2000 11:25 pm

Clean your scanner and recalibrate it. I have the S20 also and I find I have to recalibrate it often.

ckw

Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:29 am

Just where on the screen do these lines appear, and are they dark or light?

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

Brick

Wed Oct 04, 2000 6:05 am

If they are lines on the slide film itself they are probably processing lines. I'm having a problem with that with some of the Kodak processing I've been getting lately from the Minneapolis facility.

Processing lines is a result of bad QC at the facility that's processing your film....they are not keeping the rollers in the machine clean.

Where I work, we clean the rollers once a week. I asked a person at a place I used to get my film developed how often they clean their rollers....."Uh, I don't remember" is what he said. I quit going to them immediately.

Mark Abbott
Minneapolis, MN
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

Mudozvon
Topic Author

Wed Oct 04, 2000 4:36 pm

Hello,
Thank you for response.
I had an idea that these lines come from the machine rollers. Now I'm sure. The question is - how to know where to go. It seems to me - these lab guys don't really care about lines which are not visible on prints.

Leonid.