bodobodo

Photographer "exchange" Section

Tue Oct 17, 2000 1:23 am

I'm just curious if anybody has discussed or arranged a way for photographers wanting to visit other cities to have contacts in those cities who can show them around the planespotting sites at their local airport. There is something like this at www.planespotting.com at this URL:

http://www.planespotting.com/directory/directory3.html

In fact some of the people contributing here (Rob Rindt, Mark Garfinkel, ...) among others are listed there.

I'm wondering whether doing something like this might be possible for the photographers located worldwide who contribute to airliners.net? Having your name down on the list wouldn't obligate you to help someone out if you can't spare the time but it might make it easier for someone looking for advice rather than posting something in this forum each time they are planning to visit and photograph at an unfamiliar airport. It would be helpful for both people since as a host who wouldn't want to experience and learn from a shoot with Luis Rosa, Chris Sheldon, Vasco Garcia, David Unsworth...

Just an idea.

Cheers,
bodobodo

ake0404ar

RE: Photographer "exchange" Section

Tue Oct 17, 2000 1:53 am

I have been on that website before. Interesting site!
I guess if Johan accepts that would make airliners.net even more valuable as it already is.
I would support such an "airport directory".
With the proper layout and I bet Johan is capable of developing it, would be great contribution to airliners.net

Regards
Vasco Garcia

p.s. anyone who is interested in visting BOS I'll show him around! plan for next year unless you want to experience airport delays at Logan due to snow!

Tue Oct 17, 2000 2:24 am

What a great idea !
I live in Malta. Not a lot happens here. But we have a good military airshow in September every year.
OK it's a year from now. One very good show just ended. If anybody is interested, I'll send a few pictures just to give an idea of what photo opportunities exist.
Godfrey

USAir_757

Tue Oct 17, 2000 5:43 am

Vasco

Sign me up  
-Cullen Wassell @ MLI | Pentax K5 + DA18-55WR + Sigma 70-300 DL Macro Super