Midway DC9-10
Topic Author

Opinions Of On-Line Slide Auctions?

Thu Dec 14, 2000 4:10 am

How much do all of you trust to buy slides from on-line auction sites over the internet? I recently placed low bids for some older slides of the 70's with flaws and was told most bids for these were $20.00 and higher. I'm not an expert on slide value, but who is to say this guy isn't lying about the current bid value just so I sink in and raise my bid? For all I know he might not even have a bid at all, or it might be lower than what he stated? To be specific, this site would not even show the high bid amount and bidder name. The only way you know you have been outbid is the email he sends back to you.

I don't mean to be so skeptical, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Thanks,

Dave

joe pries

RE: Opinions Of On-Line Slide Auctions?

Thu Dec 14, 2000 11:47 am

Dave,
the way i run my auctions on my site is like this- you see exactly what you are bidding on and whenever i get a bid i put it in where everyone can look and the persons initials is next to his bid- no games, no b.s.
Also im not sure if you are aware but there are several slide conventions each year that feature live auctions- those are really alot of fun when you get 30-50 slide guys in a room and you put up a hot slide- there is sometimes a feeding frenzy and slides can go for a very nice premium.

Midway DC9-10
Topic Author

RE: Opinions Of On-Line Slide Auctions?

Thu Dec 14, 2000 2:53 pm

Joe,

I will have to take a look at one of your auctions. It sounds very straight forward. I just don't like the idea of blindly bidding, not knowing if you are being screwed.

Thanks,

Dave