AirNikon
Topic Author

Pakistan Airlines Copyright Violations

Thu Dec 21, 2000 4:20 pm

To all of those that have EVER shot a pic of a PIA (Pakistan) aircraft, you may want to take a look at this site. The page is rife with familiar images..

http://www.piac.com.pk/gallery/gallery1.asp

I have some here, and who knows how many else...
Don't get married, don't have kids, and you will have more money than you know what to do with...

Lawrence Feir

RE: Pakistan Airlines Copyright Violations

Thu Dec 21, 2000 4:38 pm

Hi AirNikon,

Not sure what you mean by "I have some here, and who knows how many else"

Have they pirated your photos?

Please let us know

Kind regards,

Lawrence

AirNikon
Topic Author

Thu Dec 21, 2000 4:52 pm

LF, I just hate seeing it when a pic is posted on a COMMERCIAL site without requesting permission in advance. I don't have the stamina tonight to cross-reference web-photos and what is represented here. That's not my job anyway. I just thought I would give a heads-up...
Don't get married, don't have kids, and you will have more money than you know what to do with...

administrator

Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:07 pm

We have contacted PIA on this issue and are currently awaiting their reply.

/ Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

BO__einG

Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:16 am

Ouch..
Thats not good..
Hope all goes well and PIA will remove your pictures..

BO__einG --(-<==
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

joe pries

Fri Dec 22, 2000 12:39 pm

I wrote not only to the webmaster at PIA but on their website they have the names of all of upper management (im talking the top people in the organization)- well they were all cc'd on my email and this evening I have received notification that the webmaster has removed my photo. They took my PIA 747 photo, took off my PHOTO BY JOE PRIES, stripped off the airliners.net from the bottom (the black bar) and used it on their site. Luckily they responded quickly and removed it.

sunilgupta

Fri Dec 22, 2000 9:47 pm

Looks like they removed all the photos!

I'm curious.... why did those of you who had photos on the site simply not ask for credits?

In a way I would find it flattering to see my stuff used as long as credit was given. In this case, at least, PIA was not trying to profit from the use of the photos so I would think it would be ok to let them use them.

Sunil
http://www.lockon.f2s.com

tappan

Fri Dec 22, 2000 11:01 pm

Sunil, Of course they are profiting from the use of the photo(s)...They are in business to sell tickets...The web site sells tickets, the picture(s) sell the web site...Think about it......
And also regarding credits...They took the airliners.net logo and photogs name and obliterated it...why? for their own personal use/reasons..Would you ask the guy that robbed you of your car to: "paint it red, it will look better"
Mark G

da Fwog

Fri Dec 22, 2000 11:02 pm

That's not the point. It's not just about credits, it's about having the common courtesy to ask before using photographs. Sheesh - I get individual users emailing me to request permission to use my photos as Windows wallpaper - why should PIA be able to do what they want with my photo without my permission? If it's on their website, it could also be on their advertising, their stationery and anything else they choose - and that's worth a lot of money!

I too have written to the webmaster demanding removal of my photograph - it would seem that they have removed them all!

sunilgupta

Sat Dec 23, 2000 3:08 am

I agree that they are trying to profit as an airline... my point was simply that they are not selling the pictures like some of the other sites mentioned in other threads.

I also agree that they should have asked first.

Sunil

KD

Sat Dec 23, 2000 7:45 am

well ...
considering that we (I am a prof. designer) pay at least 500 US $ to photodisc.com or tonystone.com (look at the prices there !) for a pic in good resolution (that means: much larger than the pics here - you can almost only use those here for webpages) for print, this is a fraud. make them pay, it's as simple as that. they used the pics. removing them now doesn't legitimate using them in the past.

christian.