ATL Concourse E Side Windows Gone

Fri Feb 02, 2001 10:14 am

While the Delta 727 on which I was aboard taxied to the runway at ATL, I noticed that the window on concourse E that faced the runway was no longer
there. Are both windows now history? Another ATl spot gone forever.

Scooter

RE: ATL Concourse E Side Windows Gone

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:38 pm

Sad.

I had a thought while sitting in a windowless YYZ last weekend: airport designers are making travel tough...honest to god, I felt like I was in prison becuase there were NO WINDOWS. I didn't even feel like I was in an airport...just a big sqaure concrete building with lots of seating.

Come to think of it, I noticed this on my trips to SYD and LHR a couple years back too...I sure hope this isn't the way of the future.

My name is Scott, and I am addicted to writing trip reports.

sunilgupta

RE: ATL Concourse E Side Windows Gone

Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:50 pm

I don’t think it’s a trend. The new terminals at SFO and DCA are all glass. Even the new terminal in TPE is glass.

I think there may be some other reason to block the windows. For example, at IAD they blocked a bunch of windows on the new terminal so that they could build the bridge to the commuter terminal.

It’s clear (pardon the pun) that airport designers are going out of there way to make larger, more open, more friendly terminals and glass is a key element in this.

Sunil