Comment Fields...

Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:40 am

Hi everyone,

I was just about to change the comment on this shot...

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Dean Barnes

...when lo-and-behold...someone had already done it for me.

I had initially commented "Departing Terminal B"...which many of you will know is wrong as AA use terminal A at PHL and Terminal B (beyong departing 727) is used almost exclusively by US Airways.

Do any others out there have similar experience of observant others fixing up comments for them?

Just wondering...

Cheers,
Dean

thomasphoto60

RE: Comment Fields...

Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:01 am

I have done it another of times, privately to the photographer. I would like to see a true comments or critique section added, as I have said I crave feedback, be it positive or negetive.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:13 am

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I agree, a facility for people to comment on or critique the shot would be a great idea.  Big thumbs up

Dean

chris28_17

Tue Feb 20, 2001 11:48 am

I love it when people put the correct info in my pictures!!! it makes ME look more intellegent!!!!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

CHRIS

thomasphoto60

Tue Feb 20, 2001 12:04 pm

Huh ???

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

chris28_17

Tue Feb 20, 2001 12:24 pm

Hmm.. okay, what i meant is when i put, for example, the wrong aircraft info into the comments, and someone changes it... or, when they add the "manufacture numbers" or the fleet numbers.. etc... its makes it look like I put that in, i.e. making me look smart...

whatever, gimme a break i've been up since 330am  Sleepy

CHRIS

thomasphoto60

Tue Feb 20, 2001 12:32 pm

I gotcha ! Yeah, I've been up since 5:00am myself. I'll probably catch some zzzzzzzz's in a bit!

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

cfalk

Tue Feb 20, 2001 3:05 pm

It's happened to me a few times. I like it, although normally I'll e-mail my comments to them.

I really would like the possibility of adding comments on pics.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

soundtrack

Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:40 am

Let me tell you,

It happens to everyone - even professional publications quite often. When us photographers are dealing with thousands of perhaps sometimes small slides - I have a personal ID problem with not places - but differences bw all these 737-3/4/7/8's now.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

bodobodo

Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:53 am

I actually know someone who had his caption censored! We had a pretty miserable summer last year and it was cloudy all the time. He submitted a photo with a huge amount of cloud and wrote something like "This has been what our whole frickin' summer has been like weatherwise" and maybe a month or two later the "frickin'" was removed!

I've had a few people change my plane descriptions but more often someone will e-mail me to warn about a problem. I remember submitting a quite popular shot from O'Hare but that was the only photo out of 70 or so at a different airport so I forgot to change the location field even though I mentioned O'Hare in my caption. I noticed it as soon as the photo was uploaded by Johan but it took a while (1 week or more) for my requested correction to take effect. All I could do was tell people "I know, I know it's wrong but I've already submitted the correction".

Cheers,
Felix

ghymes

Sun Feb 25, 2001 9:36 am

Someone was kind enough to elaborate on my description of a Singapore Airlines photo. They noted that it "was recently repainted from Jubilee Livery". I appreaciate the input, plus it makes me appear like I know what I am talking about!  Wink/being sarcastic

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Gary M. Hymes

BO__einG

Sun Feb 25, 2001 11:06 am

These thigns has had happened to me as well.
Mostly additional info such as the planes initial destination was added in one of my own picts..
Meh, I didnt care.. I was notified by email so I dont mind.
Its good to get a bit more bout the specific plane.

hehe at times I even change my OWN photos as well.
Cuz at times I may discover something neat bout a specific plane pict I have uploaded but forgot to mention..

Ex; ACanada 767. C-GAUN.. Recently discovered that its the Gimley Glider so I would edit my original pict by adding Gimley gli.. stuff on it..

I feel happier like that..

"Got him Dad!" **Tod Flanders..

Bo.  Smile
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.