cfalk

Non-exclusive Use On Airline Website

Tue Feb 20, 2001 9:52 pm

I have a request from Iberia for non-exclusive use of the pic below on their website, for illustration for a limited period of time (a few months).

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Charles Falk

Is US$ 200 too much to ask for?

Thanks,

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

tappan

RE: Non-exclusive Use On Airline Website

Tue Feb 20, 2001 10:39 pm

Charles,
I would ask for $300.00 and try hard to get that. If they want to go down, do not let them go under $200.00...I think thats good but then again I have been told I go a bit lower than what others would do...
Mark G

Tue Feb 20, 2001 11:17 pm

Hi all,

It seems like they're going for the full set...as they have also today contacted me about this MD-87 shot...

Click for large version

Photo © Dean Barnes

I'm awaiting a reply to my initial response...which was basically a request for more info as the initial approach was quite vague.

Dean Barnes
Midlands
England

AirNikon

Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:30 am

I would be interested in hearing what IB says, because I received a similar request for their website.
Don't get married, don't have kids, and you will have more money than you know what to do with...

cfalk

Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:09 pm

Yesterday, I told them I was asking 450 Swiss Francs (About $280). Haven't heard back from them yet.

Charles

BO__einG

Wed Feb 21, 2001 2:27 pm

Boy I wish that I COULD also take Iberia picts to lure and airline like that.,  Sad
Damm Calgary.. So Low on aviation fun!!!!!1

But good luck with your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bo
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

cfalk

Wed Feb 21, 2001 10:15 pm

Still no news. I think I scared them off.

Crying

I think we could really help each other out with these offers. I suggest that:

1) We inform the forum that an offer was made for a certain price, along with a link to the photo involved, and the terms,

2) We inform each other whether the deal was closed and for how much.

3) If we can standardize some boilerplate text for the invoice, which would include rights etc, that would be very helpful too.

What do you think? We might even ask Johan to set aside a seperate forum for this stuff.

Cheers,

Charles

Thu Feb 22, 2001 1:25 am

I agree Charles...

That said...with no mention of a specific fee yet I have also had no follow up to my initial reply...which was basically "tell me more..."

So maybe they are still mulling this over...fingers crossed...

Separate matter...but I think related...

I today sent two slides to Germania of their craft D-AGET...pictured (bad scan...I was new to this then...the slides are better than that!!)...

Click for large version

Photo © Dean Barnes

They have asked if they can use the shot...or a shot from one of the two slides...on the cover of their company magazine sometime soon...and they need to see the slides to gauge quality...after which they will pay and/or return slides.

I have all related emails...with their addresses...with attached shot...and the shot has been on airliners for a long time now...given it would not be a disaster if I lost the slides...how else do you think I might have handled this without scaring them off?

BTW - I held off sending the slides until their third approach...so they must be keen...

Thanks,
Dean

cfalk

Thu Feb 22, 2001 3:55 am

Given that you uploaded the picture last july, that you have all the correspondance, and possibly have a high-res copy of the scan on your PC, I think you could probably prove to a judge's satisfaction that it is your picture.

But it is a bit risky. If they DO misuse the photo without paying, and don't send the picture back, the burden of proof is on you to prove ownership.

But then again, nothing risked, nothing gained. If you lose, you've lost maybe a dollar. If you win, you've made yourself maybe a few hundred. Those are betting odds if you ask me.

By the way, still no news on my end.

Charles

Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:20 am

..."...nothing risked, nothing gained. If you lose, you've lost maybe a dollar. If you win, you've made yourself maybe a few hundred. Those are betting odds if you ask me."...

My sentiments exactly!!

Dean