b757300

Blue & Gray

Mon Mar 19, 2001 2:28 pm

Whenever I take any photos, no matter how nice the weather is, all of my pictures come out with the sky a grayish color. I'm not dumb enough to upload anything like this since it will get rejected in a New York minute. I know that from experience. So my question is, why do all of my pictures come out this way?
My camera is a Nikon N65 SLR with a Quantaray 135-400MM F4.5-5.6 auto focus lens and my film is Kodak Royal Gold 100 speed Prints.
The problem is not just on the scanned images, but also on the prints themselves.
I know someone asked this before but I can't find it for some reason.

Thanks in Advance.

BTW, what is the record for number of rejections before the first photo was accepted? I'm well past # 100.  Wow!
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

USAir_757

RE: Blue & Gray

Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:04 am

I would try a different film. Look around for Fuji Superia REALA. This is a great film, with exceptional colors.

If you can't find the reala, just get regular Superia 100.

Regards,
C. Wassell
-Cullen Wassell @ MLI | Pentax K5 + DA18-55WR + Sigma 70-300 DL Macro Super

cfalk

RE: Blue & Gray

Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:45 am

Royal Gold 100 is pretty good film. I'd be surprised if that is the cause (although I agree Reala is a little bit better). I'd say your developer is to blame. Take your negatives and have a reprint done at another developer (preferably a good photo shop - not the local supermarket). Compare the results. If they are the same, then either your developer has screwed up in developing the negative, or the film you got was past its expiry date (easy to check). The next film you have developed, take it to a good shop.

These one hour places and supermarkets are famous for screwing up pictures, either in the development of the negatives or the transfer to prints, because they are staffed by minimum wage HS students or dropouts who don't know a thing about photography. Having it done professionally might cost a little bit more, and might take a day or two instead of an hour, but is well worth it.

Cheers,

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.