silverfox

How Long Do I Wait?

Sat Mar 24, 2001 7:22 pm

Posted several shots of G-ARWE post crash last Sunday, plus a couple of others.
As mentioned in an earlier posting, the 707 shots have been given to me by the niece of the photographer who died.She has no objection on them being published, and suitable acknowledgmwnts were put in remarks. As it says in the FAQ photos are normally shown in 48hrs or so is a week pushing it a bit? So far not an email etc etc

Help

Thom@s

RE: How Long Do I Wait?

Sat Mar 24, 2001 8:27 pm

It can easilly go a week before you get them accepted or rejected. Johan is a busy man.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Ikarus

Sun Mar 25, 2001 1:47 am

If the shots are urgent (i.e. if the plane had just crashed yesterday), you could use that new option of telling the admin about it, and it would get preferred or immediate processing - otherwise it can take up to ten days or more...

Regards

Ikarus

PUnmuth@VIE

Sun Mar 25, 2001 2:57 am

Hi!
Which option and where? Didi I miss something?
Peter
-

Ikarus

Sun Mar 25, 2001 5:50 am

After you get the confirmation about the pic having been uploaded (Page title "Thank You") if you read through the messages, it tells you something like this:

"Is your picture urgent (eg incident related, new livery, new aircraft type...) Let us Know"

With "Let us know" as e-mail link to Johan. I have never used it, as my pictures never are that important, and I always think that if anyone uses it without a really serious reason, he/she might annoy Johan, but the option is there. I am quite sure the newest shuttle carrier picture was uploaded with this option, as I noticed the number of photographers ahead of me going down by just 1 a few days ago, and suddenly that photo was there. It was not until a few days later that new pictures were uploaded - it was an isolated upload (at least I got that impression)

I hope I am correct with this.

Regards

Ikarus

silverfox

Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:20 am

Thanks for all the input, i shall just sit back and wait
Off to LHR with a new lens tomorrow, hope its fine!!