gocaps16
Topic Author

Photo Use, For Money/crew Tags?

Mon May 21, 2001 10:41 am

Hi, I have gotten an email from a airline pilot who is asking permission to use one of my picture on crew tags. Here's the email.
------------------------------------------------------
Hi Kevin

I work for Chautauqua Airlines, and found this nice picture of one of our Jets, which I beleive you took it.

Anyhow, I would like to use it on crew tags (Image background, and then there would be CREW text and Chautauqua Airlines on top of it)

I would like to get your permission to use it on crew tags. I would also post your name/website copyright info on our website, if you like.

Thanks
Xxxxx Xxxxxxxxx
EMB145 Captain
Webmaster emb145.com

Message was sent using the mail interface on Airliners.net
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?id=153632

What can I reply to him? This is my first time doing this and I need help from all your expeirenced people who gets these emails practically daily.  Smile
Can I make a profit out of this and hopefully to get some cash and possibly a crew tag from him? If so, how much is a reasonable price? Thanks!

Kevin Cook/DCA

thomasphoto60

RE: Photo Use, For Money/crew Tags?

Mon May 21, 2001 11:42 am

Well, if the photos are for his personal use, then I normally allow pilots and flight crews to have the photos for free. In this case however it gets a little sticky, it would appear that he plans to produce a series of tags for his co-workers, if that is the case and does not plan to charge for these tags, then a freebie would be the way to go. If however he plans to charge for these tags, then I would ask for a fee of say $30.00.

Now if US Airways or Chautauqua were asking, then $300-$500.00 would be a more appropraite figure. Definetly get a crew tag! make that a deal breaker if you have to....but get that tag!

Good luck,

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

gocaps16
Topic Author

RE: Photo Use, For Money/crew Tags?

Wed May 23, 2001 5:34 am

Thanks Thomas for you help.

He replied back and couldn't afford money (regional airline pilots Big grin) but he'll send me couple crew tags.

Kevin/DCA