With nothing better to do on a boring, rainy Sunday afternoon, I thought to myself, what aircraft has the most individual photos on Airliners.net?
So after two hours, and lots of searching these are the numbers I have arrvied at. I have based my search on the premise that the special colour schemes would more than likely have the most uploads. Some interesting results
1. Wunala Dreaming (VH-OJB) 169
2. Same Team Same Dream (B-HOX) 149
3. Tropical (9V-SPK) 127
4. Nalanji Dreaming (VH-EBU) 118
5. Ansett B747-400 Sydney 2000 (VH-ANA) 111
6. Formula 1 (VH-OJC) 110
7. ANA Pokemon (JA8962) 108
8. Thai Royal Barge (HS-TGO) 86
9. Tropical (9V-SPL) 85
10. Delta B757 (N6701) 74
11. SQ 1000th B747-400 (9V-SMU) 72
12. LH Star Alliance A340 (D-AIBA) 66
13. SOHK CX (B-HIB) 64
14. SQ 50th anniversary (9V-SMZ) 59
15. Varig MD11 World Cup (PP-VPP) 50
Peter Max: 36
UA Star Alliance 30
SA B743 Olympic ZS-SAJ 26
Phoenix Suns B757 48
I'm sure that there are plenty of others, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
So seems as though the Aussies have top spots in terms of popular colour schemes. I think that they are great schemes but to me the result here is clearly affected by two things:
1) Photographers who upload more than others (Frank, Glenn and Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) means that these aircraft will naturally get more individual photos.
2) The "global" patterns of the aircraft. The more places that they go to, the more chances that they will be photographed and consequently uploaded.
Have I forgetten any particular aircraft? Let's see if we can find one with even more photos!
Full frame always beats post processing