Blackened
Topic Author

How To Watch Slides?

Mon May 28, 2001 1:21 am

What's a easy possibility to watch slides for example to check a registration without using a real projector? It also should be possible to check if the slide is 100% sharp.
Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back

Fredrik Hjort

RE: How To Watch Slides?

Mon May 28, 2001 1:24 am

Use a magnifying glass/pocket lens (called lupp in Swedish) and point the slide at a window or some other light source. You can see every detail, such as registration etc.

/Fredrik

Blackened
Topic Author

Mon May 28, 2001 1:36 am

Yes, that works to some point but you can't see the whole slide "flat" and undistorted, can you? There is just one spot where you point the mag. glass at where it's sharp and clearly visible. That's not a good solution.
Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back

cfalk

Mon May 28, 2001 2:07 am

I have 3 different loupes. Two of them are cheap ones, and as you said, you can only see a part of the slide clearly, and there is a lot of distortion. My third loupe is a more expensive Nikon loupe (I paid about $50 for it), Where you can see the whole slide, with no distortion, and the magnafication effect is basically as if you had an IMAX theater in your hand.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

yhu

Mon May 28, 2001 3:28 am

I have a hand heald slide viewer. There is a light in the back and you slide the slide in front of it. It is magnified as well. So it's just like looking at a very clear print. It makes using slides a lot more satisfying, because you can just quickly go through them looking at your shots without having to either scan them in, use a projector or just hold them up to the light. The make of this one is an Agusta. I believe Kodak may make a small one, but with no maginification.

Dave