C-GRYK
Topic Author

Anyone For Spotting In London?

Fri Jun 08, 2001 5:42 am

Hello,
On June 28, I am going to go to England for 2 weeks, maybe a few days longer. I will not have access to a car most likely so I'll have to spot on foot, which I'm NOT looking forward to. Anyways will anyone be around any London airport during that time period, from say June 29 to July 16? I'm hoping someone can join me as I'll be there alone and even though I enjoy photographing the aircraft, it's great to have someone to chat with. Anyone up for some spotting, please email me or reply to this message. I plan to go to LHR, LGW for sure, and possibly STN and LCY if I can get there.

Jeremy
Think before you type!

RE: Anyone For Spotting In London?

Fri Jun 08, 2001 5:00 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I work at home so I'm pretty flexible. I could get down one weekday to run you around at LHR if you like.

I'm due a big shoot there in August with Gary (Watt), Rob (Rindt), Paul (Dopson) and others...but I don't mind a bit of spotting and chatting if you want some company.

Let me know if you're up for it, either here or mail me direct on...

deanbarnes@bigfoot.com

Regards,
Dean

Granite

Fri Jun 08, 2001 5:06 pm

Hi all

Jeremy....beware......Dean is not a good driver Big grin

Regards
Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

G-CIVP

Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:31 am

LHR isn't that bad. The most of the favoured photo locations are no more than 5-10 minutes walk from a bus or tube stop. The more awkward spots are at the end of 09L/09R. If you have any further questions, please send me a mail via my profile.

trintocan

Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:41 am

Anybody there spotting now? I am here in London for the next 2 weeks. If anybody is, send messages here or to my e-mail address in my profile.

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!