Jorge
Topic Author

Where To Spot At JFK And LIS

Sat Jun 09, 2001 1:53 am

On Saturday I am going on a trip to the Azores Islands. I will have a 2 1/2 hour lay over at JFK and a 7 hour layover at LIS(Lisbon). I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is anygood places to spot at JFK or LIS thankyou.

Jorge

RE: Where To Spot At JFK And LIS

Mon Jun 11, 2001 11:19 pm

This is only a short time for JFK.
If you are not able to take pictures from the terminal you will depart take a trip back on the highway. If RWY 31L is in use there is a good vantage point to take pictures while taxiing to RWY31L or short approach there. Also you have a good overview of the cargo area and you can get one or two aircrafts while taxiing.
Anymore questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Kai

propfreak

RE: Where To Spot At JFK And LIS

Mon Jun 11, 2001 11:51 pm

hi Jorge
LIS is quite nice to take pics. if you are there in the morning and runway 03 is in use you can walk along the perimeter. after passing the tower, close to a gasstation along the highway (no. 1 I believe) you can take approach shots till about 11am. In the afternoon (good from about 4pm) you can go to the opposite site of the airport (it's possible by bus, but I can't remember the no's - you have to change busses once; a taxi is about 6 US). the place is above the runway and you can take really nice pics. check a couple of my LIS-pics and you'll see what I mean. get a map at the airport, there is free ones at the airport-information and you can point on it (good for the taxi drivers)
good luck
Olav