Rough Edges-Please Read.

Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:02 pm

I recently had this negative scanned and saved to a CD at the developers. Altough the scan quality appears to be good the edges(especially curves) look very rough and jagged. Does anyone know where they might of gone wrong and if its likely possibe they could do it right If I told them? If not, would anyone be willing to scan the negs and save the scan to a cd(for editing by me) for a resanable price?.....Thanks.
http://kamloopsaircraft.homestead.com/files/11.jpg

cfalk

RE: Rough Edges-Please Read.

Mon Jun 11, 2001 4:50 pm

Is this the original file - You haven't done anything to it, like resizing / sharpening? If that's the way it came, I find the quality totally unacceptable. Ask for your money back, or for them to do it again (after showing them what's wrong).

Sometimes they include multiple sizes on the CD. Did they include a bigger one that you can resize, thereby smoothing out the "jaggies"?

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

cfalk

Mon Jun 11, 2001 4:51 pm

Oh by the way - Nice pic!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Charles

Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:12 am

No, that one was modifed by to see if I could remove the rough edges. I reuploaded the original as it came off the cd, just click on the link above again. HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!!!!

cfalk

Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:20 am

I couldn't do any better either. Complain - loudly. They are sharpening up the scan far too much.

Good luck,

Charles

jwenting

Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:22 am

Looks like it was scanned at a lower resolution (far lower) and blown up in a cheap software product.
I wish I were flying

cfalk

Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:41 am

Jwenting,

Good eye. I think you may be right.

Charles

TomH

Tue Jun 12, 2001 7:55 am

CYKA,

I am in complete agreement with what CFALK and Jwenting have told you. No way should an acceptable scan to CD look like that.

It would help if you could advise what file format is on the CD. It is likely either .PCD or .JPG. It has the look of a small size PCD file blown up beyond reason. What were the original image deminsions when you first opened it up off the CD?

TomH

Tue Jun 12, 2001 8:16 am

What you see when you click the link is the original size from the cd......around 1522x1011. It was saved as a .jpg.