tguman

Best Place For TGU Spotting

Thu Jul 19, 2001 10:54 am

On July 17, I was waiting for a ministry team to arrive on TACA 211 from El Salvador at the end of the runway. I decided to try a spot my friend had recommended where you can actually be higher than the airplane at landing. So I decided to walk back there equiped with my camera. I had gotten there early enough to see TACA 390 leave for El Salvador. I sat there for another 35 minutes before the plane would arrive. As I was scanning the sky I noticed a slight glare from the sun and then a shadow. I was the outline of an A320. It was already on its base leg for the airport and was already configured for landing. I got setup to snap a perfect headon shot. I noticed it was way lower than I expected. So I quickly stood up and ran to the left. I got setup and was ready to snap another when I noticed that the plane was only ten feet away from me. I decided to let it get a little bit beyond me before I took a picture. What an exilirating feeling. It is a somewhat safe place to get fascinating photos. Unfortunately I will have to wait till I get a better scanner to retry to upload that photo. TGUMAN
Life is a Mine Field.

phxairfan

RE: Best Place For TGU Spotting

Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:12 pm

I've seen pics from that place, it looks incredible, i'll be sure to make it there, before i'm done. Ten feet from a flying aircraft, i'd s*** my pants. Then again, i want to go to St. Marteen also. Better bring some extra pants. he he he.(joke)

Jan Mogren

Thu Jul 19, 2001 5:22 pm

Oh man, I would love to see that photo !
Can you email it to me? Address is in my profile.
/JM
AeroPresentation - Airline DVD's filmed in High Definition

Fri Jul 20, 2001 9:33 am

Hi,

Yes I would like to see that photo too, I am from Panama City.

Thanks!

My email is felipescb@hotmail.com

And I speak spanish.

Jan Mogren

Fri Jul 20, 2001 8:20 pm

Please email the photo to
Jan.Mogren@telia.com
/JM
AeroPresentation - Airline DVD's filmed in High Definition