skymileman

Difficulty With Taking Good Pics.

Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:35 pm

I have been taking aviation photos for only a short time, and am only 13 years old. I cannot seem to take a photo that doesn't have part of the nose and/or tail cut off. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for me.

-Lane Michael Parrott

PUnmuth@VIE

RE: Difficulty With Taking Good Pics.

Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:48 pm

1.) Which kind of camera?
2.) Which kind of photos (moving acft, standing acft)?
Peter
-

ake0404ar

Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:54 pm

One and only one rule applies here........practise practise and again practise.....

Peter asked a good question, moving or standing still.

If I were you, I would start with the static a/c. Give it a couple of shots and once you get more comfortable give it a try on moving objects....It doesn't have to be a big jet.....try a small one first and go from there.

Good luck
Vasco Garcia

AUS_Spotter

Thu Aug 02, 2001 10:00 pm

When I first started taking photos of moving aircraft I had a problem with not zooming in far enough for fear of cutting off parts of the aircraft. Obviously this was not what I spent the money on a 300mm lens for. Once I did start zooming in far enough I ended up with many photos of aircraft missing noses and tails. After several rolls of film I finally started to get the shots I wanted.

I don't really have any suggestions other than what was already said....lots of practice.

Jason Knutson - Austin, TX

mirage

Fri Aug 03, 2001 3:55 am

The only sugestion, as Vasco and Jason have told, is practice, practice, pratice. That happens to everybody in the beggining.

Luis

Qantas737

Fri Aug 03, 2001 3:48 pm

The same thing happened to me in the beginning, and yes I still do it sometimes. I got frustrated with the noses and more often some of the tail going missing in my photos, so i switched to taking static photos for a while. Now I have begun to take more action photos and I still sometimes unfortunately do it, but the constant practice has been slowly paying off to create some brilliant photos.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Thomas Madsen

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Thomas Madsen

Good luck with it all  Big grin