KingWide
Topic Author

Q Re: Screening Rejection E-mails.

Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:47 am

Hi,

I'm new to a.net and trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to get some stuff in the database. I've had three rejection e-mails from the screeners so far which stated that I had n photos [where n has been 3, 10 and 2 respectively] which had passed the first screening.

Given that the number of photos which passed first screening can't go down without me getting a second rejection e-mail [right?] I'm assuming that this means I actually have a total of 15 photos which have passed the first screening and that each rejection e-mail applies to each batch which the screeners have looked at.

Given that I'm not in the DB yet, I can't use the stats script so these e-mails are the only idea I have of the status of things. Can anybody throw some light on how the whole process works?

Thanks in advance.
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages

RE: Q Re: Screening Rejection E-mails.

Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:53 am

I can try.

Your photos are screened by one of us first. By some bizarre means we none of us understand, we get a page of photos to screen that have been submitted by several different people. Once you have had at least ONE photo rejected by us, you will get a mail telling you:

what has been rejected by the pre-screeners
how many pics have passed the pre-screening
how many have not yet been screened at all

Even though your pics might have all been submitted together, they may be screened by one of us in 2 separate batches (or more), so you might get multiple pre-screening emails, or they might be pre-screened by more than one screener, if there are 2 or more of us logged on at once.

When all your pictures have been screened, you will not hear from us again until Johan either accepts or rejects the ones we have passed through. This could take anywhere from a day (wishful thinking!) up to maybe 3 weeks or so, depending on how busy he is and how many are in the queue.

Because you can't yet access the page, I can tell you there are about 2500 photos currently in the queue for Johan to look at, but I have no way of seeing what position you are in that queue.

S4

KingWide
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2001 9:22 pm

Thanks for the info.

It seems I've had 50 % or so past the screeners so far then. I think I'm probably proud of that even if I don't get a single one into the db.

I'll have to take off the rose tinted spectacles and try to get it up to 100% past the screeners though!.

You never know, one day I'll get in!

KW

Tue Aug 07, 2001 9:25 pm

50% past screening, that's bloody good for a first try. Good job, and good luck with Johan!

S2

KingWide
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2001 10:52 pm

It seems I did my sums wrong.

I've made it into the database with just over 50% of my pictures. I actually only lost about 20% to screening.

The problem is that you only get an e-mail with a status if one of the photos in the batch was rejected by the screeners. If they all get through then you don't hear anything at all. Might I suggest an improvement to send an e-mail out even if all the photos in a batch pass through screening? It would make it much easier for us 'non-db' newbies  Wink/being sarcastic

KW