Eduard
Topic Author

Brightness With Photoshop

Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:30 pm

Some of my pics on. A.N. came out a little bit dark in the tone. As the settings of my monitor should be correct I was confused. After spending some time searching for the reason I realised that Photoshop 5.0 LE - with this Software I adjust brightness and make the sharpening - shows the photos much more brighter than f.ex. MS Explorer (the difference is striking). In future I will check my photos with MS Explorer before upload.

Do you have got similar experiences? Comments and explanations are welcome.

regards, Eduard
new user is EchoMike

Jan Mogren

RE: Brightness With Photoshop

Tue Aug 14, 2001 5:14 am

Eduard,
I'm sorry I do not know.
My Photoshop and Explorer looks the same brightness.
/JM
AeroPresentation - Airline DVD's filmed in High Definition

Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:28 am

I had the same problem when I used Adobe Photo Deluxe. I always had to make the photos look too light for them to look right when viewed in IE. When I switched to Photoshop, the problem went away. I have no idea what the cause is.

Richard Silagi

Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:50 am

It's important if you're using Photoshop that you check your color settings. Select FILE/COLOR SETTINGS/RGB SETUP. You'll find a set of different color spaces in there you can choose from, as well as a custom setting that lets you pick your own gamma adjustment as well as white point settings, primaries and monitor compenstation. Have a look at this - it should allow you to adjust so Photoshop displays the images the same as IE, or any other program on your system.

Ideally any adjustment you make to the way images are displayed on your system should be either through your montior calibration, or (if you have it) via your video card calibration. Adjustment that only affects one application can be dangerous, because other people using other applications, or the same application configured differently, could be seeing your images very differently to you!

S4